3 7.32%
  • Red for 2g / Black for 7g

12 29.27%

Thread: Engine swap under way

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Showing results 121 to 140 of 145
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice View Post
    She hasn't been outside since last Aug, and hasn't had a bath in even longer time. She was well overdue.
    http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...e/DSCN0381.jpg
    wasn't going to post any bay pics till i had a chance to clean up the wires, but i figure i'd probably get booed.
    From this pic, looks like you are going to have to cut down the red hot side intercooler piping a bit. Shouldnt be hard, but probably will be hard to fit the bumper the way it sits. Maybe it wont, just looks like 6" or so of extra piping :)
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    i've already done some hacking on the front bumper. Trying to make it look more stock than modified, and yeah about 6 inches is right. basically it all comes out of the middle. i want it to fit flush against the sides of the IC. Looks like they made the pipe like that so it didn't have 90 degree bends.

I do have coolant going to the throttle body, and i'll have to look into the FAIC block off plate. As far as idle speed, i think i didn't realize how loud it was going to be with half exhaust ran, and inside the garage. Add the HKS cams and i was taken by a huge surprise. I also think i had the throttle body cable set to max idle. Even though i had it in neutral, my foot on the clutch, and the e-brake on, i was so afraid the car was gonna go right through the house. (hope for the best, be prepared for the worst)

Now... Let the excitement begin!
    Last edited by Blue Ice; 08-27-2008 at 02:52 PM

can't wait to see more pics Larry.
    Finally another 4g63 G!!!!!

is your tach working?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    can't wait to see more pics Larry.
    Finally another 4g63 G!!!!!

is your tach working?
    HAHA funny you mention that, no actually it's not. any ideas why not. sounds like you have (had) the same problem

No my tach always worked cause I used the GS harness. I had speedo problems for a while but fixed that issue last november.

I know seth had tach issues, and never solved them.
    My theory is that the distributor uses a inverted signal vs the DIS.
    so your tach does not respond to it.

other than that, i'm not really sure what to tell you. I'm sure it can be fixed relatively easy.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

alright , so i'm trying to clean up the engine bay of the wires and hoses, and really want to get down to the bare minimum. One kid looked at it a while back, and suggested i get rid of al lthe emissions crap. I don't think it would hurt, but i was wondering what some people thought. I have schematics from a chilton book, but of course it doesn't take into effect the cyclone intake.

so any thoughts would help

if you remove the emissions components it will throw a code. I had a simple EGR block off plate, and the CEL lit up soon after. I just got 7G emission components free harness off of 97-98 Galant. No EGR, canister, all solenoids are missing, all nipples of the throttle body are blocked off and its OBD 2.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

there are several mods that you have Larry, that are going to throw codes.
    You were going to tune with dsmlink anyways huh?
    Codes shouldn't be a problem.

you can always clear them with your logger,
    and if they get any kind of annoying.... then jsut take the bulb out of the cluster ;)

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I never got my tach working, but I got used to driving it from the sound of the engine. I could redline each gear without hitting the rev limitter, all without a tach.

I tried a 1g tach inverter once, but I dont think I had it hooked up right. Not having a tach didnt really bother me, not all modern cars have a tach.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    if you remove the emissions components it will throw a code. I had a simple EGR block off plate, and the CEL lit up soon after. I just got 7G emission components free harness off of 97-98 Galant. No EGR, canister, all solenoids are missing, all nipples of the throttle body are blocked off and its OBD 2.
    interesting, explain more... the Cyclone throttle body only has one nipple on it and that's pvc. i

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    there are several mods that you have Larry, that are going to throw codes.
    You were going to tune with dsmlink anyways huh?
    Codes shouldn't be a problem.

you can always clear them with your logger,
    and if they get any kind of annoying.... then jsut take the bulb out of the cluster ;)
    well that was with the 95 eprom but that ecu was the one that shot craps, i have to see if it can be fixed and chipped. If so then no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    I never got my tach working, but I got used to driving it from the sound of the engine. I could redline each gear without hitting the rev limitter, all without a tach.

I tried a 1g tach inverter once, but I dont think I had it hooked up right. Not having a tach didnt really bother me, not all modern cars have a tach.
    any other option to fix this, or invert the tach signal? if i pulled the dash out, could i invert the pins?

Came across this schematic today on dsmtuners.com

very impressive car you have here. great job!

Experienced TGC Member
    I dont know what youre running but i assume its a 6 bolt with a 2g ecu. If you kept the original coil packs with the 6 bolts that could be the reason why your tach doesnt work. My 1g has this issue as well and as i did research it seems that the 90 coil packs came with a filter that is located under the intake manifold that sends the signal to the tach. Now i never found the problem because the people that wired and ghetto rigged all the wiring in my 1g didnt know what they were doing plus the motor is out of it and thats the least of my worries. I hope this is of some help to you.

Good luck!
    Johnas

90 coil packs did come with a tach inverter. Which it inverts the signal on the tach, not just move around wires.
    7g for life!

Took the car out today!!! Wooo Hooo!!!! but really didn't go that far. i wasn't going to push it, but wanted to see it run.

As far as this inverted signal, how does the coil pack come into play with the tach?

Took the car out today!!! Wooo Hooo!!!! but really didn't go that far. i wasn't going to push it, but wanted to see it run.

As far as this inverted signal, how does the coil pack come into play with the tach?
    Hows it running?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

BTW does anyone have an Original Erac1ng from bumper?? this knock off has a far worse fit than the original.

actually, it ran pretty good! i could hear the turbo spooling and feel some of the pick up. But there are a few things i didn't fully complete before taking it out, i also didn't have the bumper on, and the exhaust stops after the down pipe so it was fairly loud. I just really want to make sure the coolant and oil are flowing properly. Make sure there aren't any fluid leaks, clutch and brakes are working properly.

Pin 3 of the coil goes directly to the transistor, each pin of the transistor is in relation to the tach at some point if I remember correctly...I can't remember the exact diagram off the top of my head and what a certain symbol stands for, but eventually they all lead to pin 4, which is...white? Which leads to all tach related wiring.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Experienced TGC Member
    BTW does anyone have an Original Erac1ng from bumper?? this knock off has a far worse fit than the original.
    Like ive stated before. Im so very unhappy with the fitment of this bumper. I had to push it in almost a whole inch on the driver side because it was too long! I was pissed because this bumper cost more then my whole kit! BUT anyways im not sure how the 90 coil pack is different then the 91+ the 90 is a rare breed with a TON of electrical problems.

you can see the issues i'm talking about in these pics

But damn that interfooler looks nice!!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast