The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: All the audio/Stereo buffs

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

All the audio/Stereo buffs

I have had my speakers for like a year and nothing has been wrong with them. UNITL about a week ago. My speakers have been coming in and out. I dont think the speakers are blown because when they come back in they come back banging pretty good. When I have my volume down, I can hear a clicking sound coming from the speakers. I have replaced all the fuses in my amp, and make sure no wires were coming loose. This just started all of a sudden. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

maybe an exposed wire?

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    yea make sure none of the wires are grounding

Exactly. Check for those wires. Maybe one is rubbing against something, exposed it, now its grounding out. It'll cut in and out randomly if that happens.

this has happen with me...but to tell u the truth its because my shit was getin hot..feel ur headunit you will see..when it gets rlly hot they tend to cut in and out when you turn the volume down they will come back in cuz its not so hot with the volume being up...but it also could be a wire being exposed and getin hot..try everything

Quote Originally Posted by mitgalantes
    this has happen with me...but to tell u the truth its because my shit was getin hot..feel ur headunit you will see..when it gets rlly hot they tend to cut in and out when you turn the volume down they will come back in cuz its not so hot with the volume being up...but it also could be a wire being exposed and getin hot..try everything
    You have a hot lookin G ride. But I have checked all the wires. It will go in and out as soon as I get in the car, so the deck doesnt even have a chance to get hot. I need to go to a stereo shop and have them check my speakers and my amp. I really dont think its a wiring thing because everything has been working fine for a year.

you say as soon as u get into ur car..mayb there is a short somewhere and every time u slam ur heavy door it shortens it out,...ha thnaks

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    this may sound dum but when it shorts out bang(gently) on each speaker panel if it comes back when you bang it then check the wiring on that speaker..

lol his car doesn't really look like that.

well i think it might be, the voice coil is blown, do you know what i mean the speaker isnt cracked itsself the coil is broke

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3
    lol his car doesn't really look like that.
    ahh shhhhhH! dont tell no one...

dude heres an idea take ur subs out like actually unscrew them take them out of the box and and see if wher u plug in the wires if its brokin or not...my one sub was brokin and i had to replace them...if u want a trick on how to get free SUBS shout me a PM or on AIM

Just wanted to let you guys know that after checking all the wires, buying new subs, installing a different deck. THE WHOLE TIME IT WAS THE AMP.

Quote Originally Posted by macknati
    Just wanted to let you guys know that after checking all the wires, buying new subs, installing a different deck. THE WHOLE TIME IT WAS THE AMP.
    What kind of amp is it? I was having the same issues with 2 different amps. Then after I put in my old school punch amp the system starting doing the same thing when I realized that i had blwn a speaker. Sounds so familiar. I would still check the speakers.