The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tranny Fluid / Tranny Cooler

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    TGC Regular

Tranny Fluid / Tranny Cooler

Well im lookin to put on this tranny cooler i got off a 04 dodge cummings turbo diesel. Its a pretty good size, so should work well for my application :) But i was wonderinf ig anyone knew of any aftermarket fluid that would replace the Diamond SP II and not hurt my trans... Any info on aquiring some good ATF Fluid for my ride would be sweet. Should i use any additives ?
    i need 9 qts of some good shit ;) hook me up !!!

AMSoil ATF supposedly does. haven't tried it. i just stick with good ole mitsu fluid. its what my tranny likes.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

WarmAndSCSI
    SP-III is the fluid to use. Castrol Multi-Vehicle for Imports and AMSOIL ATF both say they meet SP-III requirements. SP-III is actually cheaper than either at my dealership, though. $5.80/qt

TGC Regular
    Well my manual Directly says that i use nothing besides Diamond SP II Fluid. Whats the diffrence between SP II and SP III ? and it wouldnt hurt my tranny to run SP III ? would it ?

TGC Regular
    Also Might Anyone have an idea of how to mount the tranny cooler ? i was thinking where my old air box used to be, i free'd up alot of room there, kinda like a side mount cooler ?

how about somewhere up front where it can get airflow? the cooler will work much better that way than sitting inside the hot engine bay with no airflow.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TGC Regular
    Well ill take a look see, see if it cant be mounted on front of my radiator ! :)

TGC Regular
    ended up puttint it under the driver side tire.Where my intake should be. should get good ventalation down there. but i wanna make a custom scoop, so the intake is getting fresh air from the evo 8 hood scoop !
    seems my car shifts alot better once i been driving it a while. my fluid is a little low, going to get my car serviced next friday. i changed the oil, used mobil one high milage, full synthetic, with Pro Long.

WarmAndSCSI
    Just for future reference, Diamond SP-III superseded Diamond SP-II. If you go to your Mitsubishi dealership and ask for ATF, you'll get Diamond SP-III. It's definitely backwards compatible.

do u have any pics of it ??
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

So do you have a torque converter or did you get the cooler to just have the transmission run more efficiently.