The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SOHC to DOHC (conversion)

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

SOHC to DOHC (conversion)

Ok, i have a 91 Galant with a 2.0 SOHC does anyone know of any problems i might run into converting to a 2.0 DOHC?
    6th Gen & 4g63 Originals

nice to meet you brandon, my name is justin. i have a 91 galant ES. the only things to really worry about are the harness set up. you wanna do the oem harness install cuz its alot cleaner looking and if you have problems in the future you'll be able to find them easier. and your gunna want to decide what your looking for out of a motor. like turbo or all motor/stroker. im currently doing this conversion to mine. if you have any other questions or concerns just feel free to post them and ill answer them.
    GrimM_DesignZ

hey thanks for the info i was starting to wonder if anyone knew anything.
    i was talkin to my dad and he said the only problem he could think of would be wiring. oh and my name is ben, the screen name is b and m, for me and my girl. in my engine its all natural, id like to put a turbo or something on it but i dont have the cash.
    6th Gen & 4g63 Originals

Working on my convertion right now, SOHC to DOHC. Plan on having it completed this week. Used a DOHC galant wiring harness.

Ive swapped a '93 SOHC 16-valve to DOHC.

Its the current DD for me..

-Shawn
    <a href='http://imageshack.us' target='_blank'></a>

'92 Galant LS
    '92 Galant VR-4
    '92 Galant GSR
    '93 Galant S (DOHC swapped DD)