The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Where can i a get strut bar and sway bar?

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Where can i a get strut bar and sway bar?

also i saw a bar which goes behind the driver n passengers seat side to side, anyone tryed that? I have a 99 ESv6
    thanks matt

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    You can get can a STB from either ur dealer which is for the 3g eclipse.. I know freedom design makes one as well as any 3g eclipse STB will fit.. As for a sway bar, i know there is a guy on the 3g forum who has a custom sway bar, but i think with the rear sway bar their would be to much oversteer being that our car is front wheel drive..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Suspension Techniques makes a rear sway bar. uhm rre has em too. they are made for the 3g eclipse and should fit with minor modifications unless i believe u have a DE. what minor modifications? beating the shit outa the underside of ur car so taht the spare tire well doesn't get in the way

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

An Eclipse sway bar will not fit on our car because of our gas tanks. There's a little bracket of some sort that's welded to our gas tanks and will get in the way. If you remove that braket then it will fit.

TGC Regular
    that might be the thing what pinoy was talking about with the DE i have a 99DE was actually thinking of a set of sway bars but hadent heard of this issue with it...is that the reason it wont work on a DE pinoy or is it something else?
    - Atba

I think the DE is missing some of the mounts you need, Pinoy, can you confirm this?

-Mohammad

Quote Originally Posted by mochanges
    I think the DE is missing some of the mounts you need, Pinoy, can you confirm this?

-Mohammad
    yea its the mounts. maybe if u can go to the junkyard and get the parts from a 3g or a 8g galant, u can do it...

Check the buy sell section i know a member is selling a strut bar there.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Dilemma
    For a strut bar... ptuning has a Freedom Design bar for the 3G that I highly recommend..

Tiptronic
    Quote Originally Posted by KrAzYWARA
    For a strut bar... ptuning has a Freedom Design bar for the 3G that I highly recommend..
    i think that thing is on back order

it is aparently their email is also I sent them an email asking when would they be available and got no response.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Fast99ES
    Man...that damn strut bar from ptuning has been on back order since may...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fast99ES)</div><div class='quotemain'>Man...that damn strut bar from ptuning has been on back order since may...</div>

I got my strut bar from Ptuning back in September. They notified me when they had it in stock, and as soon as I got the notice I ordered it.

I even posted it on the board when it became available

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php...2539&highlight=

Norcal Performance
    For those of you that might be interested. We are selling the rear swaybar for $150 right now.

the swaybar, is it made for the galant or is it the one made for the eclipse.

Norcal Performance
    It is for the Eclipse