The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 556UW Install Help 01G

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

556UW Install Help 01G

Someone, please help. I am trying to install my Viper 791 w/remote start and I am screwing up at installing the 556UW Transponder Bypass module. Could someone that has done this on an 01 Galant please help!!!! I thought I had it hooked up right, but when I tried the remote start nothing happened and with the ring antenna portion of the 556u connected, the car will start (with the key) then cut back off. I reset the Tach, but still the same problem. I can't get the remote start to work at all and can't run the car with the 556u connected.

First things first, start the car with the key. Activate the remote start, now turn the key off and remove it. Does the car stay running? If not, then you don't have the ignition wiring correct. Double check your connections.

If it does stay running, then the ignition wiring is correct. Now alot of rookie installers and diy'ers make the mistake of hooking up all of the wires for the 556uw. In the case of the galant you'll only need 3 of the 6 wires from the 556uw. These are

Red - Goes to constant +12volts
    Black - Goes to ground
    Blue - This one can be tied into either the blue/white wire on the 5pin harness that plugs into the brain, or the blue wire on the 4 pin harness that plugs into the relay pack.

The pink, green, and violet wires from the 556uw harness will not be used tape them up or pull them out of the harness.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

Ok, I think I have found the problem. I don't have the 4pin harness that connects to the XCRS relay module. Does anyone have any idea where I can find one? I have searched ebay but I can't find just the XCRS or just the wires that I need.

If you don't have that harness, then just tie the blue wire from the 556uw to the blue/white wire from the alarm brain. That wire does the same thing. The blue/white wire you want is in the harness with the black/white, purple/white, brown, gray, and blue/white. The other option is I'm pretty sure I have one floating around in my tool box at work if you can wait til monday for me to find out and mail it to you.

That would be awesome if you have it. Don't I need the other 3 wires from that harness as well anyway? I also noticed today, while installing the window unit, that I don't have the red H2 6pin harness from the 791brain unit either. I pulled this from a Navigator that the bank I work for repo'd and I either left these harnesses in or I dropped them between work and home. I got the 530T working with the channel 2 output from the primary harness, but I have other accessories that I am planning on installing. I will be glad to paypal you some money if you can get me both of those harnesses. Also, one more question. As for the antenna (3pin) wires from the 556UW, what is the best placement for those? Thanks for all your help. You have been a lifesaver!

Hey, cntrylvr79, as you suggested, I had connected the blue wire to the blue/white wire from the brain, but I still got no response from the ignition. The remote doesn't even show that it is attempting to start the vehicle. I have double checked my ignition wiring and it all seems to be in order. Does the starter output wire on the 4pin harness that I'm missing need to be connected to anything?

When you hit the remote start button do the parking lights flash? If they don't then it's one of 2 things. You're hood pin wire (thing gray from the 5 pin same harness as the blue/white) is grounded out. or the black/white wire in the same harness isn't grounded. If the parking lights flash and the ignition turns on, then you have the heavy gauge purple and green wires backwards. As for the starter output from that 4 pin harness goes, you don't need that. I'll check for the red 6 pin as well. Let yaknow about both of them tomorrow after work. Antenna ring from the 556uw should be placed around the key cylinder. Now much to figure out there.

That last post was the answer! I got it working. I checked both the grey and black/white wires. The grey wire had been cut short from the plug so I never connected it. The black/white wire was twisted with the Tach wire so I clipped it and grounded it. I feel like such a DA. But thanks for all the help. If you found that red 6pin harness, just pm me for my address. Thanks again for all your help. You are the man! :D