The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: shifter adjustment????

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

shifter adjustment????

hey guys.....it has been a while since i've written anything on the board......well i was wondering if there is an adjustment for the shifter cable....i've been having a hard time to get to my 1st and 2nd gear due the location of the gears......i have to go so far to the left that it's abnormal......are there any adjustments for this???? i know for sure it's not my pedal that needs adjustments but the shifter it self....

please help me out...

This exact same problem happened to me when I first got my G. The first thing that comes to mind is that your shifter cable bushings on the transmission end are shot. They are rubber and deteriorate pretty quickly once you have a few miles on the galant, mine were cracked and a good chunk was missing out of the one that handles the side to side cable. If I were you I would go out and check them out and more than likely replace them with a set of ball bearing skateboard or rollerblade bearings.It makes a world of differerence in your shifting as well.

222whp/250wtq

i do have the skateboard berrings in......but every gear is so far to the left......the placing of the gears are the problem.....is there a way to move all the gears location over like a whole inch??

if you go to your tranny end of the shifter cables you should be able to adjust them. just get someone to move the knob left and right to know which one to adjust...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    What shifter do you have? Pics? Shifter boot?
    7g for life!

well i have the b&m replica short shifter......i looked at the cables under the hood and it didn't have any adjustment(screw??)......i went and put my old shifter back on it sat dead center of the whole(shifter whole :D )......i have two b&m replica short shifters....im thinking on cutting the moving the shifter part(above the pink) to the right a good 2 inches.....

do you guys have that adjusters on the cables????

i dont have a shift boot and i was still unable to shift 1st.....(with short shifter)

with the stock shifter i can can drive it regular no problem(just 1st, 3rd, and 5th are so damn far away :( )

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Weird. Post a pic of the shifter you have. If its not the B&M replica, but the OBX style shifter, then thats a known issue. If it is the B&M replica then you should not have any problems. What shifter cables are you using? Theres not really a way to adjust them other then to make sure the bushings and c-clips are installed properly on the shifter base and the shifter bracket on the trans.
    7g for life!