The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Problems w/ UR G

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 48 of 48
    You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    no probs with ine just regular maintenance stuff...although the fuckin horn switch shorted out on mine which really sucks....o well its getting hooked up to a push switch

TGC Regular
    Ever since I got my Timing belt replaced along with all my other belts, my alternator belt SQUEALS every time you start the car for about 15 seconds. I have tried tightening the alty belt, it worked for a little while but then started up again...

I have an annoying rattle that is coming from the rear. it sounds like the spare is moving around in there. I tried tightening the spare all the way down but the knob the fastens the spare to the car will not go all the way down so there is some play and the spare moves quite a bit.

When in a any gear except PARK, completely stopped tho when the RPM's are hovering around 1000, my car has a very slight vibration, it recently started happening, dont know what it could be.

I got annoying rattle on the rear driver side. I'm not sure if that's the sway bar link. Would you guys happen to know anything about this rattle on the rear. I'm not sure if I replaced the sway bar link will fix the problem?

Ive got a few things I'm working on:

Right wind shield jet washer broken, needs replacing. I clean my wind shield frequently, so I hardly ever use them, but I should fix it anyway.

4 of the 5 speakers in my car are blown, the last owner must have liked cranking it up. I'm buying everything to upgrade the whole system, and adding sub woofers.

Front rotors slightly warped, not that noticeable, will upgrade later and get some better brake pads while I'm doing it.

One door recently hit by some careless shopper abandoning their cart next to my car, (probably in the wind) causing minor scratches. I'll try buffing them out.

Power steering groans on full lock, I'm researching flushing it and changing fluid, which I'll do in the next couple of weeks.

Ive had a few issues with my G since I got it, but I like learning how they work and fixing them. :D

The vibrations when idling drives me nuts. Any way to get rid of it??

When i go over 70 my steering wheel vibrates..and my service light came on po173..can someone help?

6G72, every damn motor mount went to shit.

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    idn about anyone else, but when its cold my engine grinds in the morning unless i let it sit for 15-20 min, but when i dont have time to do that it makes a grinding noice like crazy until it warms up, dealership said thats nothing major
    I took mine to a mechanic about that and he said it was the motor mounts. Would that get rid of the vibrations if I was to replace them, and how difficult is it to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by furiousgtz View Post
    lets see....

the fuel door is the worst design ever I broke mine within week or so after I got my car and the glove

oh and the center speaker is no good why is that there? really odd place

also you cant make U turn...
    I have had no problems with the fuel door except for when I first got the car, I could not find the button to open it for the life of me. I finally figured it out. haha

I love the center speaker, but I need to find one that can handle the watts from my new system. I put a new one in there, and it just makes noise because it is over powered.
    Does anybody know of a good speaker to drop in there, or what size it is supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by rez887 View Post
    squeaking glove box
    shaking steering wheel on the speed over 75mph

This is right for all 8gs: Upper radiator hose leaking and needs a better clamp (it'll happen on all 8gs I'm 10000% positive
    Take the metal plate out of the glove box. Takes off about five pounds. haha
    Steering wheel vibrations aren't as bad, but it does shake a little bit when I hit about 80.
    As far as the radiator hose leaking, would that be the cause of my car leaving behind fluid everywhere I park? I stuck my fingers in it and smelled it, and it wasn't oil or transmission fluid. It was coming down the exhaust pipes...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123