The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Problems w/ UR G

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 48

Problems w/ UR G

so i was wondering how many problems or if anyone is having problems with there cars, post all the problems and see if theres somthing that is common with the G's...i hope there wasnt a post on this already lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    no real problems here ever as far as the actual car is concerned i can think of

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    My sunroof gets stuck sometimes...
    ~Lady Driven~

when its extremely wet out, the car has a hardtime starting up. even when its like 80degrees as long as there was a lot of water during the night, in the morning it struggles to start. and the SES is starting to yell at me. It'll show up, then disappear. and then we hook it up to an emissions tester and it doesnt throw any codes. other than that, no real problems. Car runs fine. after 45 she pulls like crazy! Really just lacking that first gear torque you get from a manual.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    vibrating steering wheel on the highway.....skipping driver wiper blade so annoying (yes i've changed the arm and the wiper lol)and it doesn't stop.......paint oxidizing on the plastic pieces(door handles,mirrors)...cracking dash.... :(

broke 2 axles. broke rear bearing. cracked radiator. broke AC condenser. can't remember anything more out of the ordinary though. overall very good reliable car. 8 years and 130K+ miles so far.

The only real problem that I've had with the car was the transmission went out around 22k miles. It was covered under the warranty and replaced. It's been about 50k miles since, and I've had no other problems.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    no problems here too on my 9g with 60k miles.

Not a huge problem because it will happen sooner or later to you. It is once the sway bar links wear out they seem to rust on to the car and the allen wrench hole used to take them off is useless at that point. And when buying new links they dont sell the nuts to put them back on, so you cant just cut the nut off.

Also the electrical on the car when adding electronics to the car does not seem to be able to handle it very well. Like an aftermarket receiver and good interior speakers tend to dim the head lights at night. But its no worry things run fine other then the dimming. It seems to be common with mitsubishi.

Oh one thing i would replace right from the get go is the ring clamps on the main radiator hoses. The stock ones tend to leak a bit after the car puts on higher millage.

Their really are not any common things though other wise. Like for example the crappy suspension on dodge intrepids.

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Squeaks (minor but annoying)

I've had a few small problems.

1) radiator hose clamps were all replaced within the first 30,000 miles because they leaked a little.

2) Squeek in rear suspension that won't seem to go away by using OEM parts. They replaced the control arms and bushing twice while under warranty. I've been told its just the bushings are dryed out and they don't really need replaced. Eventually I'll get tired of it and get some aftermarket suspension parts.

3) Can't remember the exact problem, but something in the AC controls jammed up, I think it was a motor that open something. AC made a popping noise for about a week until they got the new part in.

4) Dash Cracked

5) Drivers side window ( This window has never stopped working but when you close the window you can still hear a little wind noise, then you just pull on the button a few more times and it eventually goes up that last 1/16 of an inch or so.)

6) Passenger seat Rattles when no one is sitting in it. ( I'm not having a problem with it right now, but I had to take it in 2 times while under warranty and they tightened something and it stopped. Basically the back of the seat vibrates some from the drive and something loosened I guess.)

7) Keyless remote broke ( This was probably just from the remote and keyring twisting while in my pocket)

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    1) wiper linkage ceased

2) wiper motor replaced

3) squeaking glove box

4)replaced drive belts beacuse they were bad (PM though)

Tha's about it not really problems.

running almost 192k on her right now and to these day i've never had to replace anything beside the normal stuff (brakes, filter etc.) I Love Her dont think i'll ever sale her!

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    5 goddamn broken intake manifolds!!! now im having problems with my maf sensor 03' es 50k+miles

LS:
    Rear bearing, front motor mount (needs rear one still), sb links, upper radiator hose, new battery and PM

ES:
    Sounds like front r bearing might be going, radiator hose clamp leaking,
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Cracked dashboard

Craked sun-beaten middle ac vents

Trunk flooded, got it fixed. The seals on the right hand side on the back side of the car underneath kind of dry-rotted. Got it replaced and used clear caulk and problem fixed.

Windows roll up slow, but car has new battery and great alternator.

Other than that nothing major. Regular maintenance done to it and it has not given me nothing bad. 105K and ticking...lifter ticking that is!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    idn about anyone else, but when its cold my engine grinds in the morning unless i let it sit for 15-20 min, but when i dont have time to do that it makes a grinding noice like crazy until it warms up, dealership said thats nothing major

My drivers front window motor stoped working. Replaced the regulator and motor since it was easier. Radiator had a crack in the top tank, replaced it.Timing belt change. Then kept getting the P0421 code, Replaced the Pre Cat Converter. Now I need a set of struts, but I will get those next week. Otherwise not to bad for a 2001 with 125k. :D
    The Boss always will Remain Shining!!

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    When I turn on my front window defroster or turn the temp up to heat, my car makes clicking/clucking noises for about a minute then stops.... just happened tonight.

Besides the sunroof getting stuck, the driver side window takes a bit to come up, looks like it's scraped on the outside. A/C takes forever to cool. Glove box rattles when going over 70. I have this God awful squeak when my windshield wipers are running, it has to be pouring down raining in order for my wipers not to squeak. Rain-X helps with that problem. I am in need of an oil change, alignment, and I'm not feeling too comfortable with my brakes (Planning on getting drilled/slotted rotors, good set of pads and rear drum to disk conversion soon)

Other than that everything is pretty cool. 54,000 miles. I'm pretty sure I'll find something else now, lol.
    ~Lady Driven~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast