The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Problems w/ UR G

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 48
    Having slotted and drilled rotors with ceramic pads helps a whole lot. I felt a difference in stop power when I installed mines, I highly suggest them Divinity

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity
    Glove box rattles when going over 70.
    https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/vi...box+rattle+fix

There is a fix for that. 8)

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Koncept
    Glove box rattles when going over 70.
    https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/vi...box+rattle+fix

There is a fix for that. 8)
    Yeah i know... I'm just too lazy to do it, lol It only happened once or twice.

DNS, I'll keep the ceramic pads in mind ;) Thanx
    ~Lady Driven~

Last owner had the car for 5 years, and he said he hadn't had any problems with the car. just the timing belt which was changed at 55k miles and brakes and stuff like that.. stuff I've gone through.. my Steering Wheel Pump Broke, got it replaced. working now. drivers bearing went, was changed. 3 out of 4 shocks .. (changed all 4) this is maybe just normal after 6 years. And then well, lifters are getting annoying but that's maybe just normal (4G63) that's it I think

When I turn on my front window defroster or turn the temp up to heat, my car makes clicking/clucking noises for about a minute then stops.... just happened tonight.

Besides the sunroof getting stuck, the driver side window takes a bit to come up, looks like it's scraped on the outside. A/C takes forever to cool. Glove box rattles when going over 70. I have this God awful squeak when my windshield wipers are running, it has to be pouring down raining in order for my wipers not to squeak. Rain-X helps with that problem. I am in need of an oil change, alignment, and I'm not feeling too comfortable with my brakes (Planning on getting drilled/slotted rotors, good set of pads and rear drum to disk conversion soon)

Other than that everything is pretty cool. 54,000 miles. I'm pretty sure I'll find something else now, lol.

When I turn on my front window defroster or turn the temp up to heat, my car makes clicking/clucking noises for about a minute then stops. x 2..

I had to replace the harmonic balancer.. other than that just routine stuff.

fuel lid stayed in my hand last night... embarrassing lol

my car has been good to me for the past 3 yrs + 22k miles.

1. Clogged AC evaporator drain 2x
    2. Front sway bar link snapped somewhow. I think I take turns too hard

Experienced TGC Member
    lets see....

the fuel door is the worst design ever I broke mine within week or so after I got my car and the glove compartment just opens automatic when hit a bump...
    thats it everything is fine so far...
    oh and the center speaker is no good why is that there? really odd place

also you cant make U turn...

Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    I've had a prob with my radio. It wouldn't play any sound and if any sound came out it was static. Had to replace the stock amp.

Condensation on the passenger side (windows and rug)

Check engine light 3x
    once at 1200 miles, 3300 and again at 4000

All of this before 5,000 miles

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

I had to replace the rear main seal at 61,000 miles. I called up the dealer and they still covered it under warranty. I gave the service manager $100 for covering it because they originally quoted me a ridiculous amount to fix it.
    Love,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by furiousgtz
    lets see....

...and the glove compartment just opens automatic when hit a bump...
    thats it everything is fine so far...
    oh and the center speaker is no good why is that there? really odd place
    hehe, I'm so used to these by now, I comletely forgot about them

Its hard to fill up my gas tank ( the handle on the pump nozzle pops back when i try use full pressure every time)

when i turn left, while (lightly) accelerating, there is a grinding noise somewhere in the engine compart.

when i turn in wet conditions, the steering wheel locks up ( very rare now), since i got belts n stuff replaced

thermostat went at 112000 causing my engine to overheat (mabye natural wear n tear?)

passenger seat squeaks when no one is sitting in it

car didnt come w/keyless entry remote

115000miles and everything else is still perfect though

squeaking glove box
    shaking steering wheel on the speed over 75mph

This is right for all 8gs: Upper radiator hose leaking and needs a better clamp (it'll happen on all 8gs I'm 10000% positive

Quote Originally Posted by Drucru22

when i turn in wet conditions, the steering wheel locks up ( very rare now), since i got belts n stuff replaced

wth? that sounds REALLY bad dude. what do you mean by "locks up"? like the steering gets very heavy, or does the car completely stop responding to steering input?

Quote Originally Posted by stolenstapler86
    Quote Originally Posted by Drucru22

wth? that sounds REALLY bad dude. what do you mean by "locks up"? like the steering gets very heavy, or does the car completely stop responding to steering input?
    yea, when i hit puddles or standing water while turning, the steering wheel would completely lock up, absolutely no motion AT ALL... but once i got my belts replaced, and i hit standing water, the steering just gets a lil heavy until the belt catches. this happened years ago tho like two times

yeah I was gonna say, if that was current i'd be kinda worried. that sounds beyond dangerous. glad the belt change fixed it.

on to my problems:

Winking left headlight caused by melted socket (repaired, twice actually; second time I used a high temperature socket and it seems to be holding)

broken glove box. the handle and lock cylinder fell apart a while back when my girlfriend went to get some tissues. remains unfixed.

hissing/cracking stereo. fixed; replaced stock non-infinity sound system with pioneer speakers and kenwood headunit. sounds great.

Horrendous vibration while in gear at idle. unfixed, I don't know what causes it but I suspect transmission mounts. goes away at any speed above stationary.

there's more, mostly little annoyances, but that's the major ones.

seems like more and more people are getting dash cracks. Protect it with dash cover plz

-glove box rattle, never got around fixing it

honeslty this being my 1st mitsu i really never had any major problems with this car, they are belt well
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT
    -glove box rattle, never got around fixing it

honeslty this being my 1st mitsu i really never had any major problems with this car, they are belt well
    same here, i never checked it yet either. probably cuz i have so much stuff sitting in it :(

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast