The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: installing jdm bumper..

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

installing jdm bumper..

Okay im tired of seeing my Jdm bumper in the garage, so i borrowed my friends dremel and bought some metal cutting discs to get this over with. My question is, will the dremel be enough to cut the corners off the crashbar?? Im pretty sure itll cut the metal near the radiator support for the headlights, but will it cut through the crashbar?? also, should there be any surprises, or certain tools i need to finish conversion in a reasonable amount of time? I got the old style VR4 bumper...
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

The dremel will not cut the crash bar.

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    got a diamond grinder? di grinder? di cutter...one of them...lol...can't remember name

yeah i tried the dremil it does not work. I mean it will cut it but after like 1 mins the disk is competley worn off..Try getting what natural said. I went to home depot and rented it for 2 days.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

plasma cutter!!
    Love,
    Matt

it took me a few hours to cut off my crashbar with a di grinder. a dremel will not cut it. the dremel however can cut the chasis to mount the JDM headlights

dont you have to remove the crash bar completely with the old style one?

anyway.. you can cut it with a grinder, thats what i used took me about an hour or two.

P.S. a grinder is 30 bucks.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    do you have any cutting saws at home? i actually had a blade i was going to throw out on my circular saw (regular power saw) so i figured i would try that....it took like 10 min for the whole thing to be done, just adjust it so the whole blade is out since you will have to get rid of the blade anyway....a reciprocating saw (sawzall)should work fine also if you get the right blade, otherwise go to home depot and rent something

i wish i had a plasma cutter, anyone in SD got one i can borrow for a couple of seconds? i was honestly thinking of just using one of those metal pipe cutting saws and just muscle my way through. ill check home depot tomorrow about renting the tools. Last thing i wanna do is drive around town without a crashbar.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune

i do have a circular saw...if they got metal cutting blade for that...that would be great!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i actually used a wood cutting blade but like i said i was about to throw it out but obviously a metal cutting blade would be ideal

i have a high speed cutter but you need air compressor.

crap i had a compressor but my brother took it with him to san fran. thanks for the offer though.

Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards
    crap i had a compressor but my brother took it with him to san fran. thanks for the offer though.
    where in san diego r u??? i got a diamond tip blade for a circular saw...u know how big the blade is? it goes by inces...i think there is a 8", a 10", and whatever else there is....but if you borrow...ineed back asap

*edit....i got a 7" diamond tip blade....can it fit your circular saw?

im not sure it will fit in mine...i think the blades on my circular saw might be 8 inches...im out in rancho sd. I used to live off alsacia back in the day. Im probably just gonna rent out the tool or pull my crashbar and ask HA from what used to be Engineuity if he got a plasma cutter that i can use real quick.

W/ my VRG front I just took out the crash bar completely.
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards
    im not sure it will fit in mine...i think the blades on my circular saw might be 8 inches...im out in rancho sd. I used to live off alsacia back in the day. Im probably just gonna rent out the tool or pull my crashbar and ask HA from what used to be Engineuity if he got a plasma cutter that i can use real quick.
    cool...if you get it...but if you need the blade...it will fit...i'm right off of alsacia