The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g63 Turbo Parts Interchangable with 4g64?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    DJ_SI

4g63 Turbo Parts Interchangable with 4g64?

Hey guys, I know this guy who is selling his turbo parts from his 1993 Eclipse turbo (such as hoses, clamps, fuel/oil lines, exhaust manifold, etc) and I was wondering if these parts could be used on the 4cyl Galant (8g). Let me know, thanks.

ken inn
    on all years of t/e/l, the intake is on the right(passenger)side, and exh is on the left(driver) side. although the turbo can fit either way, you will have to run an external wastegate, because the internal wastegate will not clear if the turbo is turned 180 deg. i notice on one custom kit on this board, the intake and exh are reversed from our cars, so an external wastegate has to be used. then, there are the issues of oil supply and water cooling lines. i am sure they can all be solved, but each modification takes time and money. then, there is the issue of fuel supply, timing control, and knock control. all of these problems have been solved by the manufacturer on a factory turbo car. other issues like transmission, brakes, and the rest of the drivetrain should also be considered.

DJ_SI
    Quote Originally Posted by ken inn
    on all years of t/e/l, the intake is on the right(passenger)side, and exh is on the left(driver) side. although the turbo can fit either way, you will have to run an external wastegate, because the internal wastegate will not clear if the turbo is turned 180 deg. i notice on one custom kit on this board, the intake and exh are reversed from our cars, so an external wastegate has to be used. then, there are the issues of oil supply and water cooling lines. i am sure they can all be solved, but each modification takes time and money. then, there is the issue of fuel supply, timing control, and knock control. all of these problems have been solved by the manufacturer on a factory turbo car. other issues like transmission, brakes, and the rest of the drivetrain should also be considered.
    Damn, it sounds like some serious work to get it working. However, thanks for the help.

GalantSpeed
    I think this is pretty much what was answered in the previous question, a real good friend of mine is giving me his 4G63T(complete engine and tranny and ECU's) his car has like 130K miles on it, where can i go to find out how to install all the turbo parts on my 97 G? i don't want to pay someone to do it b/c it will cost a shit ton of $$$. if anyone has done this and has time to give me the step-by-step on how to do this i would really appreciate it.....thanks.....