The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My JL Audio heads

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

My JL Audio heads

ok i was at this store called Car toys and i was looking to get some subs and i was looking to get 2 12inch W3v2

but the guy said it better to get a single W6 cause it = the quality of 2 12inch W3 but anyways he said he would make a custom box for my galant and match the interior idk what u guys think?

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    If it's what you want...

look up the specs of the two subs, find out their differences, and pick the one that it better suited for what you want.

And custom boxes is the way to go, as long as the guy knows what he's doing.
    ~Lady Driven~

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    that's what i got...2 12" w3v2...personally, i like them. i wasn't looking for something too loud, and i got these at a really good price. i wouldn't mind 2 w6's, but like i said...i wanted more bass but something not too much...so i am satisfied with what i got.

yea thats what i said but he said ONE w6 = to 2 12inch W3 so in a way better space and i want to hear my music as well but its the same thing as the to 12inch w3 but the box is going to have a hole in it so would make my car rattle and shit like most people have but yea idk yet

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PimpCode323
    but its the same thing as the to 12inch w3 but the box is going to have a hole in it so would make my car rattle and shit like most people have but yea idk yet
    funny you say that...cuz unless u use some dynomat or other type stuff...it's most likely gonna rattle with whatever you get...and i don't get the hole in the box...i got 2 12"s in a sealed box...no hole in it but the 2 for the subs

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    the w6 is a really good subwoofer....it is built very nicely and has a nice clear sound to it....i would also ask about the w7 which is the highest model available and shouldnt be too much more, i would definatelly go with a w6 or 7 though, the 3's are okay but that 1 6 or 7 will blow them out plus as said if you only get one you will have much more trunk space and it will look a lot cleaner in your trunk with the ustom box as well

also depending on how much they quoted you i would also look online as car audio is usually found a lot cheaper then retail stores but the custom box would definatelly be a nice addition

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    The 12W3v2 is a 300w RMS sub; the 12W6v2 is a 400w RMS sub. The sound the sub puts out depends on what is pushing it and how it is installed. I have 2 12W3v2's pushed by a 500/1 amp hits really hard, but I want my trunk space back so I am looking for a 10W7. The 10W7 is a 500w RMS sub and would be perfect with my amp. I think if you are going to go with a 1 sub setup go with a W7.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

The hole in a sub box is actually called a port. It provides a percieved increase in bass response. The problem with that is that it only boosts certain frequencies, so one note will hit really hard, then the next note might not hit so hard...A sealed box will provide smoother overall frequency response.

i had 2 12 w3v2, they were great 1st subs, then i upgraded to a 13.7 w7 and thier is a whole differnt zone. If i were you i get the W6 or even a 10" w7 which will get the job done. What type of amp you gona use? i had a 500/1 JL on my 12" w3v2 and a JL1000/1 on my w7. Also i had both Ported and sealed. The Sealed was very accurate as stated above. The ported was still clean but alot more bass.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

idk they guy at cartoys said he has the same set up and he does compitions and ish but idk i mean one W6 in a custom port box made for my truck isnt bad at but really got me was he said the NEW 12 w6v2or3 compared to the NEW 12inW3v2or 3 was it was the same thing as 2 w3v2 inch and i was like wtf are u sure causei heard it in the sound room they had and the Single w6 12inch sounds better then the 2 12inch w3 but idk im still debateing

But One 12inch W6 = Price to 2 12inch w3

so idk