The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: bad fpr?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

bad fpr?

i run the stock fpr for more than 8 months i believe turboed.. Last week i was running on the highway and at 90 she dipped to 10 and almost 9 afr out of nowhere and the car slowed on its own.. I back off and cruised at 50 and the afr went back to high 13and low 14s which is where i set it.. Now if i drive normal it will stay fine and low boost the afr drops normal.. IF i accelerate slowly i can hit 10 pounds and the afr will stay decent but if i accelerate moderately or heavy she gets rich knock or runs extremely rich... Is there a possibility that i damaged the stock fpr and now its being overrun??
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

leak

well 1 of two things figured out.. Wastegate line ripped off the first time on the j pipe side so turbo was pulling in crazy air and the car was boosting nasty lbs.. Fixed that line did a boost leak test again and this time the wastegate line ripped off the wastegate port.. Replaced that again with higher quality line and thicker line and it seems to hold 10psi again and the car is not running as rich again.. During this it was pulling great with the same 10lbs but now its close to normal.. I think a coupler is now busted and the hunt continues..
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Are you going with an aftermarket FPR? I have my old stock one, I'll ship it overnight if you need it bro. :)

It might of just been the plumbing leak/vacuum leak that caused your AFR to pig out not the FPR. I had shitty intake clamps that pinched when tightened real hard causing leaks at 3-10 psi. NAPA has real nice "High pressure clamps” that are beautiful, solid build clamping assembly and rounded edges on the straps to prevent cutting, made by Balkamp. At like $2.50 a piece, it won’t break the bank.

NAPA has an assortment of silicon high temp vacuum hose also.

fpr

i appreciate it but i just bought an evo fuel rail and fpr just for the hell of it.. I didnt want to add an adjustable fpr just yet... I might just change all the couplers but its holding 10 psi like old days just fine -- hows ur turbo working out.. ??