The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Any body have their I4 Galant dyno'd?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 50
    Yeah the Automatic tranny is what is really robbing our power. If we had a better transmission that can put down most of the power to the wheels we can have a good 160hp car. Also are intake plenums are shit, so that takes power away from the engine. With that outlander swap you can see some results.

IMO the stock 4g64 is shit period no matter what tranny it is hooked up to

its only making something like 150hp to the crank so fromt he crank to the floor your loosing about 40-50 hp

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I dyno'd my I4 at 369.9whp....but that was with an EVO swap, hey I mean... Its still an I4
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    I dyno'd my I4 at 369.9whp....but that was with an EVO swap, hey I mean... Its still an I4
    punk ass!!

@9G dang!! you just cracked me up!! f!$#%$$ with the ac on it's like 50hp! wahahahahaah WTF?!?! so true though

silverlightning

auto not the problem

Quote Originally Posted by DNSerrano
    Yeah the Automatic tranny is what is really robbing our power. If we had a better transmission that can put down most of the power to the wheels we can have a good 160hp car. Also are intake plenums are shit, so that takes power away from the engine. With that outlander swap you can see some results.
    Icedo had a exhaust, short ram and a 5spd swap and only put down 103, I really don't think the slush box auto is the real problem, its the N/A motor, that think is already maxed out at the factory like most japense I4's are.

TGC Regular
    lol thread is pretty amusing.
    Earlier I was looking at reviews on the 8g 2003 ES i4. Click here for link.

For others who are to lazy to click...
    The site at consumer guide auto states...

Powertrain Options and Availability
    DE and ES models had a 145-horsepower 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine; the ES V6, LS, and GTZ got a 195-hp 3.0-liter V6. Both engines were offered only with a 4-speed automatic transmission. In 2002, the 4-cyl engine was newly standard on LS models.

i4 hp/tq: 145/155
    v6 hp/tq: 195/205

No clue how accurate the information is though. And most obviously the hp/tq ratings are not at the wheels..
    'o4 Acura TL: Dynamic ;; AEM | P2R | Falken

Sound.Vision.Soul // Drive.Drift.Dream

silverlightning
    Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT
    i dyno my car before my turbo, i put down 103WHP
    Your car is awesome, what's it putting down for dyno numbers and what are your 1/4 mile times. Your list of mods and the look of your car is a pure 10. :)

lol, true. i assume that's bhp.
    wish my car was a v6, that's a huge difference with only 2 more pistons.

either way, i'm gonna try to find a dyno facility in my area. i still wanna see how i'm doing. :?

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

silverlightning

No clue how accurate the information is though. And most obviously the hp/tq ratings are not at the wheels..[/quote]

Try more like 140hp 155ftlbs for the I4, 145 wishful thinking

Quote Originally Posted by silverlightning

No clue how accurate the information is though. And most obviously the hp/tq ratings are not at the wheels..
    Try more like 140hp 155ftlbs for the I4, 145 wishful thinking [/quote]

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd

[quote="silverlightning"]
    Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT
    i dyno my car before my turbo, i put down 103WHP
    Your car is awesome, what's it putting down for dyno numbers and what are your 1/4 mile times. Your list of mods and the look of your car is a pure 10. :)[/quote

thanks alot man, at 6lbs i dyno'd 170WHP. Never took it on the track yet, hopefully soon. this winter im doing the evo head swap and gona try 10lbs-12lbs see how that works. But even with 6lbs its a HUGE differnce n feels like a whole new car
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

damn, just 6 lbs can get you to 190whp??
    amazing

i'm reading up on the Evo/Kia head swap
    http://www.club3g.com/forum/3g-eclip...arts-list.html
    http://www.club3g.com/forum/rs-gs/50...w-project.html

i'm curious if i could still use the Outlander IM with the swap, but i assume so cuz if we can use either evo/outlander IM, then it fits, but that's off topic. :oops:

opps sorry wrong info given, i just checked my charts i have the Tq power..my stock base graph is on my turbo thread page 8 incase anybody wants to see
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Yeah a Civic SI Auto might give us trouble. I remember I raced a girl with an integra LS 2-door, and she beat me 2 out of 3. The vtec of those cars is pretty amazing. One the race I won it was by a little, I got the faster reaction time but I saw her on my side view mirror gaining on me, it's really incredible. But hey, at least you 9gens got MIVEC on your cars, which is the same thing. I wonder how hard it would be to swap a 4G63T MIVEC on a 9g
    Might beat us? A civic Si will rape us. That thing is 197hp at the crank, so even if you factor in the drivetrain loss they'll hang with a V6 8G easy.

Quote Originally Posted by run1206
    amazing

i'm curious if i could still use the Outlander IM with the swap, but i assume so cuz if we can use either evo/outlander IM, then it fits, but that's off topic. :oops:
    No good. The EVO intake manifold will not work with the SOHC head, therefore the outlander manifold wont work with the EVO head.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1
    Yeah a Civic SI Auto might give us trouble. I remember I raced a girl with an integra LS 2-door, and she beat me 2 out of 3. The vtec of those cars is pretty amazing. One the race I won it was by a little, I got the faster reaction time but I saw her on my side view mirror gaining on me, it's really incredible. But hey, at least you 9gens got MIVEC on your cars, which is the same thing. I wonder how hard it would be to swap a 4G63T MIVEC on a 9g
    Might beat us? A civic Si will rape us. That thing is 197hp at the crank, so even if you factor in the drivetrain loss they'll hang with a V6 8G easy.
    LOL yeah that and the fact that they are 700 lbs lighter than us......
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

amazing

you will need to use the Evo IM. Which is still a good IM.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1
    LOL yeah that and the fact that they are 700 lbs lighter than us......
    Thats scary.. We are talking about the SI and not the SI-R right? If that's so.. I don't want to picture us up against the Civic-R
    'o4 Acura TL: Dynamic ;; AEM | P2R | Falken

Sound.Vision.Soul // Drive.Drift.Dream

amazing

No good. The EVO intake manifold will not work with the SOHC head, therefore the outlander manifold wont work with the EVO head.
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil:
    oh well...

well, when it comes to power, i dont really want to mention it.
    heavy 4door sedan with 140HP? of course we will get killed in terms of power.

but i love the bullet proofed 4g64 cast iron block. Sure damn reliable.
    i like the reliability of the galant, and its cheap price, good value over all. pretty decent ride. i mean if I wanna go for power, i would go for the New Evo X when it comes out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast