The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Carbon Fiber hood - EVO style

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    TurboGalant

Carbon Fiber hood - EVO style

I've seen the 8g post about a Carbon Fiber hood EVO style, does anyone know if there will be one for the 7g Galant? I'll be needing one in the next couple of months after I get the DOHC installed.

Experienced TGC Member
    Answer is... no.

I did PM Jason about this the other day and he said we can ask that company he is going through to have some made. Here's what we need.

5-10 people committed
    Someone that lives in the Cali Bay area to give uptheir 7g hood for about 3 days.

As you can see it is a possibility, Who here lives in Frisco or Oakland?!!
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

TurboGalant
    We'd need 4-9 more committed people. (I'll be a definite).
    I will need a hood in the next couple months. I'd be willing to wait an extra month for an EVO style hood. Would anyone else be interested in this, or are we just going with a regular GS carbon fiber hood?

you also gotta figure out how to do the evo scoop with the hump for the DOHC head. maybe incorporate teh hump with with scoop. just cuz i think a hump and scoop next 2 eachother would look funny

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Best of luck getting a 7g Evo hood GB going. Dean tried last summer and it never got off the ground. I would be up for it (depending on price), I think Dean might be too...but I won't speak for him.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

MitsuMan
    thats right u wont speak for me........lol, id be down if i didnt have mad bills, but the way i figure it, if u get it made it opens it up for people that would buy it in the long run, if demand is what needs to be shown, tell the manufacturer that there is a demand for it, also i DID try to get this one going back in the summer, but no one commited, but maybe my post is still there u can contact some of the people that origionally commited, maybe they are still interested, ....good luck and josh is a stud...lol

dean

you can contact norcal and see if they'd give u some kidna layaway plan. u know pay in small increments from the time they decide to make it all the way up to the time of final delivery. one big payment makes a big ass hit 2 the wallet. a buncha small ones don't...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

MitsuMan
    i wish i could put it on lay away, but xmas is makin it impossible to even do that....i will just get CF vinyl and put it over my hood like the eclippse in F&F....hahaha, nah, ill just wait til i can get thr real deal

I really need to frequent these forums more often.

If you guys would really like to see a EVO or a OEM CF hood contact Norcal. There coming off to me as a really good company and are more than willing to work on getting things made for us. I will direct them to this post so they can start to see what kind of intrest this will bring. Remember this is the key. Norcal is in this bussiness to make money and if there is no true intrest then it won't look to good. Round the people up and take advantage of that layaway plan. That is the first time I have seen any company offer that on a GB. If one of you are up to the challege of setting up a GB for the 7G's and need help then PM me. Remeber the hoods for the 8G will not be ready until February (Tax Return Time)

Jason

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Experienced TGC Member
    If they are not going to be ready untill Feb.... then I am down for sure.

I would be willing to work with Norcal and Jason to get something going. It may be more lucritive, however, to have a Bay Area member be the mediator considering I am 3K miles away from ANY other state lol

Jason said it guys "Tax return time" so no worries right, personally I have a little more cash headed my way

Let's get some interest rolling on this guys, Norcal is reading this.... :shock:
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

Norcal Performance
    Yes we're are reading this....watch out...j/k

But seriously, we would love to do a GB hood for the 7G. For an OEM hood it would only require the donation of a members stock hood. Now I'm not sure if there already is a 7g EVO out there or not?

But if not, we still can have one made. It might take a bit longer than the OEM, simply because of the molding required.

So if you can get the confirmed buyers we can get the hood.

Thanks

Tim
    NorCal Performance

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2True
    Jason said it guys "Tax return time" so no worries right, personally I have a little more cash headed my way
    That only works if you have a job I am unemployed untill Jan.
    7g for life!

Kain
    Uhh, I know there was already a CF hood for the 7gs made. I don't know what happened to them, but I know they did exist (I was supposed to buy one until a sudden family expense forced me to back out) So, I ask is it really necessary to make another batch (does anyone even know what happened to the originals?)

Experienced TGC Member
    The original CF hoods were the stock GS style hood (with the bump). Uhm, they didn't sell too good... lol
    You may still be able to buy one for $550 shipped

That's why IMO we should gear towards the CF EVO hood instead. It's a bit more "flashy" granted than the OEM, but I tend to think it would look pretty damn clean. Especially for those with kits.

Perhaps our boy Seth could work a little PS magic on this one, whataya say Seth?
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

Experienced TGC Member
    bump
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

TurboGalant
    I was really looking forward to getting the CF hood that was made earlier this year, until I needed all my money to replace my transmission.
    Now I am buying parts to do some major work on my engine. This will require a hood with a bump. If the option to get a CF EVO hood is there, I would much rather get that one. If not, I will get the GS style CF hood. I can wait till Feb or March even.

I will put myself down as a definetly interested, potential buyer. I would prefer to see a pic of one before making a purchase, but seeing as it would be the only CF EVO style hood on the market, I'd probably buy it anyway.

Either way, I am defintely buying a CF hood. Which one depends on whats on the market at that time.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    i would be a potential buyer...but not till like may :cry:

i also will be doing mods that require that "little bump"
    7g for life!

If your gonna get a different hood, make sure it'll work with a DOHC head for future upgrading.