The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Considering a 2000 LS. Need advice.

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Considering a 2000 LS. Need advice.

So guys I found a smokin deal on a black 2000 model LS. The car is relatively clean but has 160K on it. I can probably get it somewhere in the low 3's. Should I go for it or should I wait for a GTZ?
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

160k for a 2000?? damn that seem like a TON!!!

fyi... it needs a timing belt change at around 70-80k so make sure that it was done before even considering a galant with high milage because it will run u a pretty busk to get it fixed

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

Quote Originally Posted by mattalicslvr8g02
    fyi... it needs a timing belt change at around 70-80k so make sure that it was done before even considering a galant with high milage because it will run u a pretty busk to get it fixed
    Considering I work for a Mitsu dealer in the parts dept., I'm not worried about maintence stuff. :)
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Rom
    160k for a 2000?? damn that seem like a TON!!!
    Yeah I thought so too BUT someone that drove it THAT much HAD to be on the freeway a lot so technically they are probably highway miles anyway! Like I said this thing is in the low 3's..LS's with 100K on em sell for 5500 or higher!
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g64terror
    Quote Originally Posted by mattalicslvr8g02
    Considering I work for a Mitsu dealer in the parts dept., I'm not worried about maintence stuff. :)
    ahh ok cool :D

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    I say go for it. The money you're saving in price you can put back into it to get new parts for maintenance things so it'll be as good as new
    ~Lady Driven~

or a 5 speed swap :)
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

Yeah that too. lol
    ~Lady Driven~

well I have a 7g now and will probably keep it but those 8G's seem a lot more refined than the 7g..any opinions on a comparison? This car has leather, sunroof, alloys, v6, all of it...only thing im scared about it that its black and i know about clear coat problems on em...did a Service search and the top,hood and decklid have been repainted so I oughta be cool there...its a clean car at a reputable dealer...i just like the way they look and I crave that v6 power..even though mines a 5 speed its still GOTTA be night and day..plus its a little nicer so with some tint and nice wheels it should be a head turner...Please, any opinions on quirks are appreciated...hows the inifnity sound system?
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

My car had to be repainted, had it done before I bought the car, the top by the sunroof and the trunk were really bad on it. So it should hold over a while if the car was repainted. I wouldn't worry about it too much if you don't see any other weak spots on the car.
    ~Lady Driven~

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i say get it and do the 6g74 swap 5spd and whatever else dont even bother with the new maintancence on the old engine just get it all done as soon as you get it and while you have another car to drive at the moment if you get it at that price and do all that it will still be a pretty good deal

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    i say get it and do the 6g74 swap 5spd and whatever else dont even bother with the new maintancence on the old engine just get it all done as soon as you get it and while you have another car to drive at the moment if you get it at that price and do all that it will still be a pretty good deal
    yea if you want more power, i say do that.