The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: twin turbo ???

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    know that noise you heard outside.........

twin turbo ???

ok... so i get the way a turbo works, but how does a twin turbo work ? does one turbo feed into the other ? or does t kinda feed into Y ?

another turbo n00b question, whats the point of 2 turbos ? can you set them so 1 is for low RPM, and the other high ? or is it just the "more, more, more" mindset ?

thx a bunch :)
    Mike

1998 Mitsubishi Galant ES
    "freedom of speach includes volume"

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Depends on the motor. If its a V-motor, then usually you can run one turbo per head and just run duel exhaust or have both o2 dumps dumping into one pipe.

For an inline motor, you could run one turbo off 3 cylinders and the other of the other 3(inline 6) or run a sequential setup which runs one smaller turbo that runs at lower RPMs then a second larger turbo which picks up in the higher RPMs. Sequential setups are very complicated though and not the most efficient.

4cyln motors should not be twin turboed as they will not have enough displacement to make it efficient as a single setup.
    7g for life!

/\/\ exactly. I hate my motor takes like 2 1/2 hours to change spark plugs

damn, you a V6?
    takes me only 20 minutes (I4) :smt017

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

I have a subby legacy its a porsche motor

4G64TT8G
    Depends on the motor. If its a V-motor, then usually you can run one turbo per head and just run duel exhaust or have both o2 dumps dumping into one pipe. i hav a 4G64TT8G nd i run fine wit them i hav them running 1 per head

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4G64TT8G View Post
    Depends on the motor. If its a V-motor, then usually you can run one turbo per head and just run duel exhaust or have both o2 dumps dumping into one pipe. i hav a 4G64TT8G nd i run fine wit them i hav them running 1 per head

Once again this thread is from 2007.....you don't have a TT as you only have ONE HEAD on 4g64 but then again you own a GTZ?
    Last edited by 02redgalant; 12-04-2008 at 10:26 AM

Proto
    Quote Originally Posted by 4G64TT8G View Post
    Sir you lose 6 post count. Enjoy.