The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Black Giovanna Cuomos in 20s, Thoughts?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 42
    Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    Yeah, the chrome lip is a MUST lol
    ~Lady Driven~

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity
    Yeah, the chrome lip is a MUST lol
    I don't blame you. I think you would have liked the ones my homeboy had. They were 20's with the chrome lip, and the chrome inserts. His car was black. Its was clean.
    The Boss always will Remain Shining!!

I usually prefer 17's over anything bigger than 18's, but with the right wheel and offset, 20's seem to look G on a Galant. Plugsnet was the only Galant on a stock body with 20's that looked right to me. I say go with 19's or 18's but its your car. lookin at your chop, it might look good so..
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

TGC Regular
    I have similar wheels on my car now and I like the way it looks now that i painted my car two tone. I had black 20s on it before i painted it (when my car was all black) and I thought it was TOO much black, and there needed to be a contrast...... Heres what i mean.

Black on Black rims

Red/Black on Black rims

By the way..... I rub ALL THE TIME :x

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    i was told nothing bigger then 18's would even fit our car... shows what shops really know... jeez they suck (no offence to anyone involved in shops, im sure yours is better since you know what your talking about) but if i had the money id go for 19's or 20's my self, but the way my road is im going for 17's for more rubber

i kinda like that all black car, but the red/black does give an off set from just one color

what could you do about the rubbing? or is there nothing to do

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    see like erics i live his new color scheme withthe 20s and they by no means look too big or out of place very clean setup.... but the old wheels didnt look all that great i dont think

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant
    i was told nothing bigger then 18's would even fit our car... shows what shops really know... jeez they suck (no offence to anyone involved in shops, im sure yours is better since you know what your talking about) but if i had the money id go for 19's or 20's my self, but the way my road is im going for 17's for more rubber
    No offense taken, its obvious they don't know fitments. Fortunately some, actually many do. Its really just simple math. if a 225/40-18 with a 18x7.5" +45mm offset wheel fits, than simple deduction would lead us to the conclusion that a 225/35-19 with a 19x7.5" +45mm offset wheel fits also.

As for the rubbing, you need to roll the fenders, sometimes even cut out the fender lip completely.

Btw, Divinity not to shake your tree, but I would recommend against anything Giovanna, Gianelle, or any brand WTW (Wholesale Tire and Wheel) owns. Running a major Michigan based tire and wheel shop we completely dropped all their lines. Customer service issues for wheels they wouldn't stand behind. Still to this day I haven't heard if they want to solve a chroming issue on a set of 20s I sold almost 2 years ago.

(Btw, that was from day one the wheels were sold).

I would recommend www.MKWalloy.com (they also own Avenue, Bazo), www.MHTwheels.com (DUB, Driv, Niche, Neeper, etc), or www.Zinikwheels.com (Avarus, Savini Forged, Zinik Forged), www.AmericanRacing.com (Motegi, Dale Earnhardt, RoJa, etc...).

I know those companies CEOs and National Reps, I would recommend any of them very highly.

do you recomend wheelnext.com or is this just a brand issue?

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant
    do you recomend wheelnext.com or is this just a brand issue?
    I would avoid anything from WTW (Giovanna, Gianelle, etc). I've never heard very bad things about Wheelsnext.com.

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Looks good, I say go for it in the 20" it will look great. I always liked black on black. I was thinking about stepping up an inch or 2 on my 7g myself.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    I like the route that you're taking. Black with a chrome contrast

nice wheels
    get them
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    see like erics i live his new color scheme withthe 20s and they by no means look too big or out of place very clean setup.... but the old wheels didnt look all that great i dont think
    I think it's the difference in the spoke designs. I think when you have fewer/wider spokes, for example 5, it looks better than having a lot. Especially on a G. I also think that the ones you have on your car now Eric might have looked good on your G when it was completely black as well. Looks good.
    ~Lady Driven~

Okay maybe this looks better than the chop I did in the beginning of the post...

I'm changing my plans a little bit with the exterior of my car. I'm planning on getting the Old Style VR4 Bumper, keeping my current heads, customizing an 99-01 grill, and getting the gap that my headlights will cause filled so it'll fit like JDMs. I already have the letters on the side of the doors, so that's pretty much it for the chrome accents. I was pretty set on getting AGXs and Teins because I wanted a certain drop, but now I'm looking for about 2in lowered in the front and about 1.5in in the back. I'm finally seeing the light.... I'm gonna do Megan Coilovers, because I really couldn't find a spring that could get me the rate I wanted on my i4. So.. thoughts?
    ~Lady Driven~

I think it looks nice with the 20s, too bad i cracked 3 rims last year in nyc. So no more big silly wheels
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

I am gonna be a dick and say Dubs FTG!!

I can see if you had a Lexus or Infiniti, or even a Diamante, but 20's on a Galant just look bad! Not to mention the additional drivetrain stresses.
    1990 Nissan RPHS13 - RB what?

2000 Galant ES - For Sale

stock body, go w/ 19's, full kit go w/ 19's or 20's.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I think those 20s would look hot, your car will sit up higher even lowered. Also remember how small the side wall will be.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast