The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Busy on my friends maxima ! First Body Kit !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 40
    TGC Regular

Busy on my friends maxima ! First Body Kit !

Helping my friend with his ride ! We got a body kit for his maxima and yea. Its comin along, not bad for a few hours, let me know what ya all think so far. Its not fitted together all the way or anything, we just got the fenders on, and the front bumper all ready to go.

To be...

us tearin it apart

Front shot. 6 hours deep

passenger side shot. Ill finish it and take more tomorrow ! :)

on its way to the skyline conversion ;)
    hey its my galant ! :P before my hood , in the back anyways. ( first picture )

Experienced TGC Member
    Niiiice. Back in the day before i had my Galant, ive always pondered the possibility of doing a R34 conversion on the Maxima. Ive checked the measurements and everything. And it seems like the R34 bumper would be a nearly perfect fit for the Maxima. Anyhow, those days are long gone. Keep up the good work! :P

eww sell everyhing he just bought and go back to stock

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    cool.

Quote Originally Posted by unlimited6986
    eww sell everyhing he just bought and go back to stock
    x2
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    It doesnt fit so well?
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    I dunno ...
    ~Lady Driven~

i see it dosent fit too well from bumper to fender.. maybe if you push it in and scrwe the 2 peices together on the inside of the fenderwell.... i think thats the best looking kit for that style max

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

If your friend is paying you to help him... invest in a digital camera if you're going to be taking all these pics ;)
    ~Lady Driven~

it looks good, just need better fitment
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Meh, its not really my taste, but if you can get everything to fit well, and look clean its alright.
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.

TGC Regular
    Oh, is that how its supposed to work :) Everyone seems to think i do this for a living. Im helping my friend for freee ! And his camera didnt work so well at night.

and As i have said. That was 2 am last night, and all that were done is the fenders. And i dont do this for a living, i wish that i did. This is my first body kit project ever. And it dont fit cause that whole front bumber only has 2 screws in it for the time bieng. ;) it is getting full headers + dual exaust back on monday. And well. No it dont fit quite so well. But thats why there is bondo ;) hehe. This will be my second bondo experience. I would really like to do this for a living. We will see how it turns out.

Glad i can experiment on his car. I think i will stick with USDM front end in my galant personally. I might tackle the galant. at least the front bumper ;)

TGC Regular
    yea, the semi cool thing is that its by no means a ricer ;) its pushin 267 hp and 302 tourque. and thats very lightly modified. only reason we are doing this is cause he got a nice insurance settlement check. and basicly the cost of what we are doing to this car, is the cost the dealership charges to replace the front core support, and headlight + repaint bumber and hood.
    But we got the CF hood. Fenders . halo projectors. R34 kit..with acutall r34 spoiler. + Clear taillights.

I dunno, if I do something car related for a friend, I get some kind of compensation lol, but that's just me. Good luck.
    ~Lady Driven~

TGC Regular
    hehe, its all good, he is a homeboy, and we have been friends for 18 years or so. i have no problem helping anyone =)

^ That is the way me and Zobgel run it. Works good for us. We get more things done that way.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Female friends = free
    Male friends = depends... if it's something they could do themselves, at least buy my dinner lol.
    ~Lady Driven~

actually i change my mind on the kit. it would work if u got rid of those two random squares next to eachother and the side bumper holes were shaved off
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

TGC Regular
    yea, Thats just the way the R34 Kit is designed ! :) we going to do something with them. not sure tho, its done now, And he has a digi camera, so here are some pics ;) it just needs Bondo'd ( all the seams filled in ) and flushed out, and painted. he is painting it a true silver color. :)

Before Mounting . First thing in the morning . After spending 6 hours the other night.

Tada !!! :)

There she is . All ready to go for a test drive ! :)

Let me know what ya all think ! its my first time doing this ;) just me and my homeboy did this project . Ill keep everyone posted as the R34 conversion comes along ;)

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Looks alright, I hope he plans on painting it within the next week or so.
    7g for life!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast