The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ATTN JDM GURU'S LOOK AT THIS ENGINE

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar

ATTN JDM GURU'S LOOK AT THIS ENGINE

I never really cared to research JDM galant motors when I did my swap because I was dead set on just doing the EVO swapm but WTF is with that engine? Item desciription says JDM Galant 4G63 with AWD auto tranny and its only $1000? Not for nothing, but that really really really looks like a EVO5 motor to me, but the intake manifold is throwing me off. I think I can see a stock blow off valve and what appears to be a turbo discharge pipe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-M...spagenameZWDVW
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

if u look carefully it says japanese spec.. i am guessin its a stock engine on japanese 8g galants?
    I love bikes n babes!

Ok thats definetly a post EVO 4 engine, its definetly and AWD auto tranny, but what did it come from? I just compared the side motor mount to my EVO one and its identical, the tranny mount looks close to ours too! Did they ever make an automatic EVO?
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

there was a 4cyl awd model made in japan. but it was a n/a model. made less power than the factory i4 here in the us. but thats all i remeber off the top of my head.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    yes they made a automatic evo 7. Forgot the name of it but it was very rare. I looked it up when looking for a tranny for spicygalant that could hold up to her evo motor.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Quote Originally Posted by karn
    if u look carefully it says japanese spec.. i am guessin its a stock engine on japanese 8g galants?
    Thanks buddy, no offense but you have 10 posts and were asking me yesterday about how to do RWD swaps and the like..... thats why I asked for "Guru's" to post up, people with crazy engine and JDM knowledge

I am just going to say they prolly messed up and it cam from an automatic tranny JDM EVO5, if automatic EVO exists in the far east.....
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepervr-4
    yes they made a automatic evo 7. Forgot the name of it but it was very rare. I looked it up when looking for a tranny for spicygalant that could hold up to her evo motor.
    Thats definetly not an EVO7 motor tho, it has an EVO 4/5/6 valve cover and a wierd intake manifold, that almost looks like an outlander manifold. I have my EVO7 manifold outside and its definetly not the same.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

To me, it looks like a modified early Evo 4-6 engine. Engine valve cover is not red, looks like it has a turbo, but the pics are so small you can barely tell. And yeah the intake plenum looks like the Outlander one like you said Stewi. I don't know, maybe it's the 1994–1998 Mitsubishi RVR X3 Turbo. They came with a 4-speed AWD tranny. But I don't know if the used the latter 4g63's or the older ones.

youre right Brian. It is an outlander manifold. That engine is from a JDM outlander. The mitsubishi AirTrek Turbo-R. Evo 7 motor with 5 speed auto.

There was a AWD JDM non-turbo Galant. Galant Viento VRG-AWD if I remember right.

also, there are automatic evos. I believe the wagons are all automatics and they made the evo vii in an auto model as well

youre right Brian. It is an outlander manifold. That engine is from a JDM outlander. The mitsubishi AirTrek Turbo-R. Evo 7 motor with 5 speed auto.
    It def looks like the 4g63 from the world spec Outy. One of are not too active Hungarian members has one :
    https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/vi...ight=outlander

It would be awesome if we could get that whole setup to work in our cars. Anyone who wanted to do an EVO type swap should JUMP on that, $1000 for that motor is a STEAL. I bet all the EVO parts are compatible with that motor.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

it could also be from the evo 7 gt-a and the wagon.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.