The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: and yet another but probably the baddest 8g

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 114
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Awesome, I cant wait to see some track runs.

In regards to the clutch chatter, are you using the Kaaz LSD oil or a different brand? My friend had that problem in his 3g because he wasnt using the Kaaz specific oil, once he switched, no more chatter. That LSD also should have some sort of break-in period since its a clutch pack design.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi

In regards to the clutch chatter, are you using the Kaaz LSD oil or a different brand? My friend had that problem in his 3g because he wasnt using the Kaaz specific oil, once he switched, no more chatter. That LSD also should have some sort of break-in period since its a clutch pack design.
    thats funny you should ask because tim and i are really meticulous and used exactly what kaaz specified. i even broke it in for him by driving the car in a figure 8 for 30mins while letting the clutch in and out to let the LSD engage and disengage. its fine under normal conditions. the only time the chatter is felt is when you have a hard start with the wheels already turned.

oh god, thats pure sex! I wish I was five-speed! How long did the install take?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by boostzealot

thats funny you should ask because tim and i are really meticulous and used exactly what kaaz specified. i even broke it in for him by driving the car in a figure 8 for 30mins while letting the clutch in and out to let the LSD engage and disengage. its fine under normal conditions. the only time the chatter is felt is when you have a hard start with the wheels already turned.
    Yeah, I'm using the Kaaz-specified GL-5 80W-90 (Valvoline non-synthetic). I wasn't about to pay upwards of $100 for Kaaz gear oil. The chatter only happens during low speed turns, which people say is normal for a clutch-type LSD. The break-in was perfect, so hopefully it gets better with time.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover
    oh god, thats pure sex! I wish I was five-speed! How long did the install take?
    two days with a lot of screwing around and running errands and taking breaks. all in all i would say it took about 10 hours total working time. we worked pretty fast since i did my swap myself, i knew my way around some problems, fuck intermediate axle separation though!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar

Nice. Im curious to see how the Kaaz does on the track. The fastest 3g's at the drag strip all ran Kaaz. I fully understand the advantages of a clutch type LSD for road course and auto cross, but for drag racing I cant see it being a huge difference when compared to a helical gear type LSD like Quaife.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

:shock: noiccee....sounded lik a jet passing over :shock:

2001 5 speed 4g64T

Experienced TGC Member
    nice....

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Very nice!!!!!! :shock: Enjoy that beast, I know I would 8)

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    bitches!

WarmAndSCSI
    Thanks for the comments guys! I drove the car all day today and, let me tell you, it's quite amazing :twisted: 250 miles on it so far, just 200 left before I can really let it go.

boostzealot and I got some pictures and videos of our cars that I think he's posting later.

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    woah wait, boostzealot your black?!?!

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    I also realized that you don't have the CEL light from the swap. How did you elimnate that?

Quote Originally Posted by krispy03
    yes he is!!!!!!!

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by krispy03
    Didn't you see him at MOD?

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    nice man, looks great, how do you like the spec i have the stage 2 and its like butter just be carefull when breaking it in and go a little longer then the suggested break in time, although overall they are great clutches there have been some horror stories from the eclipse guys and completely shreading them especially around the 10k mark so make sure you also check it when that time comes

two days with a lot of screwing around and running errands and taking breaks. all in all i would say it took about 10 hours total working time. we worked pretty fast since i did my swap myself, i knew my way around some problems, fuck intermediate axle separation though!
    huh?

10 hours? id say thats pretty quick. Did you do everything on the floor or did you have access to a lift? What was the hardest part?

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

huh?

10 hours? id say thats pretty quick. Did you do everything on the floor or did you have access to a lift? What was the hardest part?
    yeah the intermediate shaft is the one that comes out of the passenger side of the tranny and has a bracket on it. then the actual cv joint is attatched to that. it is a bitch to separate and you have to for the swap because the auto one wont work anymore. that took us longer to do than any part of the swap. so id say if we didnt have to do that the hardest part would have been getting the shifter cable bracket rebolted to the firewall.
    this is really an easy swap and i cant figure out why more people havent done it yet and it has actually shown its worth many times.

huh?

yeah the intermediate shaft is the one that comes out of the passenger side of the tranny and has a bracket on it. then the actual cv joint is attatched to that. it is a bitch to separate and you have to for the swap because the auto one wont work anymore. that took us longer to do than any part of the swap. so id say if we didnt have to do that the hardest part would have been getting the shifter cable bracket rebolted to the firewall.
    this is really an easy swap and i cant figure out why more people havent done it yet and it has actually shown its worth many times.
    Oh. Yeah it looks like a pretty straight forward swap. If I had the money at the time I got the Galant, I think I woulda done this for the first mod. Moneys is the only stopping factor for me. Now, I'm stoked.

page 2 baby!!!!
    anyway here are the pics from today. man it was fun. i just cant wait to see this thing go through all five gears at full throttle. especially since you pulled on me in third at only half throttle. damn monster. see now i have to go beat another S2000 to make my shit feel fast again. anyway back to the subject....enjoy

whats TEIN? lol

Both cars look fuckin' phenomenal!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast