The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: and yet another but probably the baddest 8g

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 114
    thanks man. some people dont know what to think when they see my car and then i end up burning them around a turn. and as for tim well when the boost gets there, there is nothing left to think. people try to fuck with us everytime we are out together. sometimes its fun and others its like why did they even try

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by boostzealot
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover
    two days with a lot of screwing around and running errands and taking breaks. all in all i would say it took about 10 hours total working time. we worked pretty fast since i did my swap myself, i knew my way around some problems, fuck intermediate axle separation though!
    huh?

10 hours? id say thats pretty quick. Did you do everything on the floor or did you have access to a lift? What was the hardest part?
    yeah the intermediate shaft is the one that comes out of the passenger side of the tranny and has a bracket on it. then the actual cv joint is attatched to that. it is a bitch to separate and you have to for the swap because the auto one wont work anymore. that took us longer to do than any part of the swap. so id say if we didnt have to do that the hardest part would have been getting the shifter cable bracket rebolted to the firewall.
    this is really an easy swap and i cant figure out why more people havent done it yet and it has actually shown its worth many times.
    The 4G64 guys don't have an intermediate shaft. :) Lucky them. Awesome pics; thanks for posting them!

250 miles on the clutch so far. A few days of driving and I'll be all set :twisted:

yeah i know, at least we dyno over 150 to the wheels before the tranny swap though
    oh and the videos are up next. im loading them onto photobucket as i type. we will get more later though.

Utah, you guys don't F*&K around. :shock:

Looking great fellas! :smt023

here they are
    this one is of me pulling off in 2nd gear and going to 3rd before passing

this is tim's 50% throttle 3rd gear and my full throttle 3rd

and here is tim's uphill in 4th (i believe) at half throttle

Holy shit!!!!!! That's quick. :smt101

222whp/250wtq

WarmAndSCSI
    I can't wait to get a video of me letting it loose.

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    these are fuckin racecars man

fast 8G's FTW

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

Damn guys! I think I just got a hard on. Hahaha

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Rom
    Come see them in person!

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Nice man. For track use get some M/H slicks they seem to hook best for a fwd, and keep your rear dampers set as stiff as they go for your passes to. Have you started running ecuflash? If you havent get with it, I think revving your motor to 6870 will put you over 400 whp after this swap. If you have any questions about how to set up the car to get it to hook just let me know, I'll try and answer as best I can.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by glantv699
    these are fuckin racecars man

fast 8G's FTW
    hell fuckin' yeah! I'm so green in envy. Ill be up there someday.... :twisted:
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Are you guys going up to the MOD show Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    Come see them in person!
    I would LOVE to come see them in person!! Just let me know where you are at and i will head over!

DAYUM! that Sds is seriously rippin ish up!!! :shock:
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoy724
    Are you guys going up to the MOD show Saturday?
    Nah, boostzealot and I already went to MOD 2007 in Cypress, CA. I'd love to be able to go to both, but it's too expensive.

traveling that far was kinda fun though and thats what makes our (tim's and my own) galants significant. the fact that i have done the motor and tranny swap with no problems along with tim doing the SDS, building the motor in his garage and us doing his tranny swap while being able to drive them both everyday seriously sets ours apart from the show cars.

Come see them in person!
    I would LOVE to come see them in person!! Just let me know where you are at and i will head over!
    check it out then, lets meet up on state one night this weekend. i was just telling tim that we need another galant to roll with us that way we can have a trio. oh and hey i just thought about something, you will be able to see tims car in full action because the clutch should be fully broken in by then and i just got my RPW shorties back from HPC. ill post pics hold on...

mmmmm i cant wait. im seriously going to try and pull 15whp out of these. if i dont then im selling them and getting the fidanza lightweight flywheel instead.

WarmAndSCSI
    Come see them in person!
    check it out then, lets meet up on state one night this weekend. i was just telling tim that we need another galant to roll with us that way we can have a trio. oh and hey i just thought about something, you will be able to see tims car in full action because the clutch should be fully broken in by then and i just got my RPW shorties back from HPC. ill post pics hold on...
    The clutch has over 450 miles on it. I've been doing a lot of stop-and-go driving

I'm going to throw some Red Line Limited Slip Additive in my new Lucas gear oil and let her loose - I'm getting surprisingly good at driving this manual; it's like it was encoded in my genes The only problem I've had is accidentally trying to take off in 3rd on a hill because 1st is still a little tricky. I've already learned to power shift :twisted:

Nice headers BTW 8)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast