The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: and yet another but probably the baddest 8g

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Showing results 101 to 114 of 114
    448HP V6 SUPERCHARGED GALANT. PURE SEX :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Great #'s. now get that thing to the track!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    Yeah, I took it to the strip after just learning how to drive stick and ran a 14.8 @ 101. I messed up the launch, spun 1st, missed 3rd, and shifted slow. A little work on my shifting and launching and I'll have it to low 13's, high 12's @ 108-112. Fastest time to date was a 14.3 with the automatic.

Keep in mind stock Evo IX's run 15's at this high-altitude track.

Here are the videos of the two pulls.

Tim's

HID's

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    Yeah, I took it to the strip after just learning how to drive stick and ran a 14.8 @ 101. I messed up the launch, spun 1st, missed 3rd, and shifted slow. A little work on my shifting and launching and I'll have it to low 13's, high 12's @ 108-112. Fastest time to date was a 14.3 with the automatic.

When your crossing the finish line are you into 4th gear or still in 3rd. A problem I had with the EVO motor was I was shifting at 8500-9000's and I was at the top of 3rd gear crossing the finish line.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI

When your crossing the finish line are you into 4th gear or still in 3rd. A problem I had with the EVO motor was I was shifting at 8500-9000's and I was at the top of 3rd gear crossing the finish line.
    I'm definitely into 4th at the line. I shift at around 95 mph. My powerband is continues to climb up until 6850 RPM, so I'm not sure that would be a problem for me.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Another 100 hp, and drop off a couple hundred lbs and you should be in low 11's territory with a nice set of slicks.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

I dont even think he needs that much, I think he needs one or the other, less weight or more horsepower and then a track thats at or near sea level.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

not to thread jack or anything but tim and i put my RPW shorties on last night and oh my goodness i should have done this months ago. the car seems to be stronger in the mid range and up top but man this thing sounds phenominal now. doesnt sound like a 74 at all now. well without further adew.

sorry the vids are a little shakey, its hard to steer something that wants to tear the steering wheel from you everytime you shift while holding a camera. you can tell in the first one i never went full throttle and the second vid was me getting on the highway with a semi at the end of the on ramp. flyby and takeoff vids coming soon along with the dyno sheet.

WarmAndSCSI
    Sounds really good - in person is always better though.

Stop hijacking this thread - people are going to start thinking you have the baddest 8G

I've still got to test out this new airflow output map to see if it solved my high speed problems (just an FYI for those performance seekers out there - our stock 6G72 ECUs cap at around 1200 Hz airflow - the 3S guys have the same problem at 1600 Hz). Other than that, this thing is ready to start hunting Z06 Corvettes.

sorry about the threadjacking but i just needed a place to put it for a while. lol.
    man i just cant believe how violent your car is. im so glad we did the tranny swap. your motor would have cooked the auto when you stomped on it when that dude was on your ass! remember...nasty as fuck!

Quote Originally Posted by badmitsu
    boost that shit sounds sick!!
    all in due time, oh and i will have at least 500whp on 91 octane at only 22psi. lets just say i know a little secret about the 74 :twisted:

Banned
    DAMNNNNNNNN

thats all that i can say

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456