The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: better take off.....

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    know that noise you heard outside.........

better take off.....

ok... so my car starts to shake a bit at 95..... but i never go that fast... the thing i want more of is acceleration...

what are a few quick, and more importantly, CHEAP, with emphasis on CHEAP... things i can do to get better take off ?

one of the first things i wanna do is new tires, and if i can afford it, rims... i squeal the tires off stoplights and stuff... so i know i need something with better grip... but after that, what way should i go ?

i was thinking intake, exhaust, and then whatever cheap stuff i can do...

so remembering im on a..... well.............a budget that, well lets say its easier to take things off, then put things on..... what should i do ?

lol

thx for any help... i know im dificult :P
    MIke

1998 Mitsubishi Galant ES
    "freedom of speach includes volume"

the cheapest options are intake, exhaust, tires. Then headers or if money permits a turbo setup. If money doesn't permit there is always Nitrous.

If you want cheap and easy do a 'wet' Nitrous kit...something like a 50-shot would be more than adequate for a stock engine.

you can find a cheap dry nitrous kit on ebay for like 300 bucks usually
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

if u wana spend the money for nos go right ahead but ur better off savin money and doing a whole turbo setup so u feel the speed everytime u spool not when u feel like pushin a button and yeah intake and exhaust is a good setup but if i was you i would also upgrade the entire exhasut system since our stock pipin is 2 and a quater inches go with a 2.5 inch exhuast system..get new headers a high flow cat and a nice sounding muffler and u will be satisfied...now if you want to find a sohc galant 7g head and port and polish it not that much just the cost of the head and tools and its a DIY oh and try on ebay for a 60mm TB which is a stock 2g eclipse turbo u will deff feel the acceleration

the exhaust may not be entirely accurate. As far as acceleration is concerned anyway. You get good mid range power, but when I first did my exhaust (with the auto) take offs were slower! You reduce the backpressure and you feel a difference! The intake helped a little but still....I only know this cuz I did mine in stages. Exhaust 1st, then the intake. Are you auto or 5 speed?

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Along with the mods, use some RESTORE next time you change your oil. Might not feel a difference imediately, but with a little bit of time your car should respond much better.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe