The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: turbo or motor swap?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

turbo or motor swap?

i got an 8g with the 4g64. i def want to do sumthin crazy but i wanna know whats better for me,puttin a turbo on the 4g64 or should i do a motor swap.and what motor is the easiest to drop in?

TGC Regular
    Keep the 64 and swap out the head for a 4g63t head and then turbo.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    It depends on a few things. Your knowledge on cars and wiring, your wallet, and your tools/working conditions.

If you have the money, the knowledge, the time, and the right tools, then I would build a 4g64 block with a 4g63t DOHC head and turbo it. Stewi has the sweetest setup that Ive seen in an 8g so far.
    7g for life!

i beleive those only work on the 7gs if ur look at at ur head ur cams are on the passenger side not the driver side but some one please correct me if im wrong..for an 8g do a 6g72 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MITSU...QQcmdZViewItem but i would def turbo it

You need to find a 4g63 head from an evo 4-9 or maybe even a kia or hyundai although im not sure about those last two. Someone with an 8g that has done this type of research will be better able to help you out.

222whp/250wtq

so how much would a 4g63t head be? I mean what are the benifits of that head then the stock besides dohc?

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

there is an evo head for sale in the misc section for $300 with cams

now if he decided to go with the evo head, what does he need to buy to get everything to work properly ?? cuz that $300 head looks tempting but i dont know how much more $$$ is needed to get everything together, i just want a small list and an estimate of what it would cost

sorry to hijack ur thread but hopefully this will help u too
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

i forgot who had it (maybe underated) but there was a list (excel file) of all the parts needed for a head swap to the Evo 3-9. maybe it's floating around here or club3g someplace :?

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

heres the list

right click save as
    DOHC part list
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports