The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: KYB AGX vs GR-2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 70 of 70
    WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Galante View Post
    Hey guys, are the ebay KYB AGX's for Eclipse 00 - 05 will fit our 8g's? ty

(I can't seem to find one for Galant. Otherwise let me know where it's cheap to get a set for these shocks)
    I so just answered this question in your other thread...

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
    I so just answered this question in your other thread...
    Sorry I didn't read the other thread yet. But thanks anyways!
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

GR2's

The GR-2's are trash. I'm on my second set front and rear within a 4-5 month period. I ordered them from NOPI. I have a 2000 V-6 Galant with a Eibach lowering spring set-up and the rear have busted. It sucks! I've been searching for Koni's, but I've been told they don't make that for my vehicle. As of now it's the rear left that makes a "chewing on wet rubber" sound when I drive over an aggressive dip in the road, the shock sounds like it bottom's out. I've read the comments and I believe I may try the AGX since it's said to be more performance based.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
    Sparky-

check out my ghostrider by this link-
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2399130

i have kyb agxs and i love em!!!! i also have tein s-tech lowering spring with polyurathne bushings set, front and rear sway bar and i cant say enough about how i love there GREAT! get them. Also alot of eclipses use kyb agxs for there drop check out club3g for more info
    Last edited by 716GalantES; 06-03-2008 at 01:28 AM
    If you don't got the pocket, then don't try and rock it

Based on what KYB has said, the KYB GR-2's are supposed to be the equivalent of the KYB AGX's set on 2. I don't see how that is possible seeing how easily the GR-2's go bad, but that's what KYB said.

As for Koni's. There are only rears out there that fit our car, but they are the same as the ones made for the 2G Eclipse. Way back in the day when there were no performance struts available for the 8G Galant or 3G Eclipse, I had RRE install some Koni inserts into the front of my stock strut housings (The same ones listed on Koni's site for the 3G Eclipse now). All I can say, is that they rode nicely for a little bit, then they blew out. I'm sure the same thing would happen with the rear Koni's that fit our cars because neither set was ever made for the weight of our cars. Unless Koni makes a set specifically for the 8G Galant or 3G Eclipse, don't bother with them.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I had KYB AGX + TEIN S-TECH= Rode great
    I had MEGAN RACING COILOVERS= Bouncy to me
    I had KYB GR-2s with TEIN S-TECH= rode great and lasted over 3 years
    Now I have KYB AGX + MEGAN RACING DROP SPRINGS= Rides as good as it did with the TEINs but now Im a little bit lower too.

im rolling tein s-techs and gr2s... about 18 months later im pretty sure i need to replace the gr2s

chicago has some rough roads, i actually started to feel really loose maybe 3 months ago but i have been to lazy to order the parts and goto the shop hahah

i'm currently on AGX's with GTZ oem Springs, set all at 1, i'm installing H&R sport springs this week and will set them all to 2, hope i like it!

Quote Originally Posted by djflex167 View Post
    i'm currently on AGX's with GTZ oem Springs, set all at 1, i'm installing H&R sport springs this week and will set them all to 2, hope i like it!
    I just installed H&R springs with AGX's a couple weeks ago. I set the rear to 4 and the front to 2. Try it like that. It rides great and handles really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ View Post
    I just installed H&R springs with AGX's a couple weeks ago. I set the rear to 4 and the front to 2. Try it like that. It rides great and handles really well.
    I am about to install AGX with Tiens on 02 i4 es. I am complete newb, the higher the number the less bounce? How would this compare going from stock?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234