The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: KYB AGX vs GR-2

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 70

KYB AGX vs GR-2

I need a new suspension, just wondering if the AGX is worth the extra money.

I'm still running stock shocks w/ Tein S-tech lowering springs :shock:
    My concerns are mostly ride quality, and don't want something too rough.

I have tein s-techs with GR2s, great ride, not bouncy, but stiffer than stocks and will definitely hold to a lowered ride

the AGX have adjustable stiffness and allow u to soften or stiffen ur ride to ur specs,

its a matter of choice, with KYB u get a lifetime warranty on their products as long as u have ur receipt, choice is urs, im happy with my Gr2s tho

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    my Gr-2's are bumpy as hell on Progress springs, but only have rear GR-2s and stock shocks in front which are probably shot to hell

u sure u didnt blow out the rears?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted
    u sure u didnt blow out the rears?
    no im not, but when i switch to AGXs all around this winter i'll find out upon installation

the AGX with last ALOT longer than the GR-2 with a lowered vehicle... GR-2 aren't made for the lowering, just made to be a better stock setup...

GR2 is original equipment replacement.

AGX is for performance vehicles, or lowered vehicles.

But both state that theyre not to meant to be lowered more than 2" from stock. Kyb has a bad rep on with 2g owners. Do they make Koni's for our car? They are a DSM fav.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    yea they make konis but they are pretty pricey adn for what you would spend on them and sprigs you can jut get c/o's...i had gr2's and the ride was great, but as said agx's will hold longer and they have some slight adjustability

I would not recommend the gr2s for the teins. Even the AGX inform you that they are not ment to to be used on with springs lower than 1.5" if I remember correctly. I have the agx teins and unless I go to megan coilovers I would not use anything else withing that price. my setting is 4 all around and I still get a minor bounce but the handling along with the addco bar is 100% better than the stock LS.

AGX :smt023
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Well since I have to drive my finace sometimes I opted for ride quality over adjustability. I went with the GR2's and coming from stock shock they were more comforatble than AGX's.

so our OEM shocks are almost the same as GR2?

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator
    so our OEM shocks are almost the same as GR2?
    Well yeah but just built better.

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1
    Well since I have to drive my finace sometimes I opted for ride quality over adjustability. I went with the GR2's and coming from stock shock they were more comforatble than AGX's.
    lol That's great man. I have to drive my g/f around sometimes but she can suffer. The AGX's are definitely more performance oriented and IMO well worth it.

222whp/250wtq

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1
    :smt079

And so it begins.

hahaha

Just kidding bro. :mrgreen:
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    what's the best place to pick up some AGX's now a days? still ebay?
    -Pedro

ya i got the Gr-2's they are garbage if u ask me. they just dont hold up well at all with lowering springs. the AGX's really are much nicer. i wanna switch over to the ksport coilover package i seen on ebay, they are pretty much twins of the megan setup an about 100 or so cheaper

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    on my inline 4, I'm driving with GR2s in front and they damn things only last about a year on my tiens s-tech, so i'm on the market for some AGX's. I've pretty much decided to go with a V6 Eclipse application becaues they are made for a heavier car and are avalible. I've been looking for galant AGXs for over a year and haven't found any. I'll probably loose some drop, if any, but that's ok with me. aside from the extra costs, can you guys think of any other downside?

-pedro
    -Pedro

So how about this question to those with the AGX.
    They say that they're easily adjustable. How easy is that adjustment?

Basically, I was gonna go with the AGX & Teins so I car raise the car in the winter without too much of a hassle.

What do you have to go through to adjust the AGX?

Do you think megan dampers would be better for what Im looking for?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast