The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: KYB AGX vs GR-2

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 70
    Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6G72Galant View Post
    WTF do you mean replace them in a year or two? Please tell me youre not serious. You bought new GR2's and had to replace them within that amount of time??? :(
    Well, yes. I'm serious. They will last a lifetime if you're not dropped. If you're dropped, the lower the drop the less they will last. i had to replace my first set of GR2 after about a year and half. Long and behold, my second set of front gr2s in from when bad in around the same time. I got my hands on some used rear AGXs when i was redoing my suspension, over two years ago and they still feel good, the front gr2 are shot again and have been for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by djflex167 View Post
    thanks for the info pedro!
    Anytime man. :)
    -Pedro

Experienced TGC Member
    :smt013:smt013:smt013

You could also just turn around and sell the Gr2's while you save up for some AGX.
    I do know a few people that have the GR2/tein and have been riding it for over a year now, but they are starting to say they need an upgrade/regret not getting the AGX.
    Its up to you really, but you have to think that this is going to dictate the smoothness of your ride, as well as handling.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGO_ONE View Post
    You could also just turn around and sell the Gr2's while you save up for some AGX.
    I do know a few people that have the GR2/tein and have been riding it for over a year now, but they are starting to say they need an upgrade/regret not getting the AGX.
    Its up to you really, but you have to think that this is going to dictate the smoothness of your ride, as well as handling.
    dude, if you get a chance to get the AGX's get them! i'm pretty sure u won't regret your buy! trust me!

I did not have the time to read this whole thread so I dont know if coilovers were mentioned. I along with Zobgel have the AGX / Teins and are set at 3 all around. 4 Was too stiff. Over all, the setup is good (8 out of a 10) but not great. We agreed that if we had to do it all over again, we would save the money and get the megan coilovers.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Quote Originally Posted by SLS2000 View Post
    I did not have the time to read this whole thread so I dont know if coilovers were mentioned. I along with Zobgel have the AGX / Teins and are set at 3 all around. 4 Was too stiff. Over all, the setup is good (8 out of a 10) but not great. We agreed that if we had to do it all over again, we would save the money and get the megan coilovers.
    so they megan coilover are the only option here? how about K-Sport or Tein?

the agx's are much stiffer than stocks on 2 fr and 3 rears.. I have the agx and tein setup and ive been through some nice bumps and i dont mind the stiffness but on my settings it feels slight bit stiffer than stock evo iX... Its not bad but its far from soft/stock ride.. They are nice for road if u will track id suggest full coilovers but for the road the agx is a nice planted ride.. I havent scrapped my body like it did when on stock struts although i dunno if u have a body kit..
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Quote Originally Posted by djflex167 View Post
    so they megan coilover are the only option here? how about K-Sport or Tein?

Those are options too but for the price, and according to member who have them, they (megan) are worth the money.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

they are selling a good set of used AGX's on Ebay here is the link:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KYB-A...spagenameZWDVW

well i just bought gr-2s im very tight on the budget so i had to go with those but i will put em on and we will see how they are
    anybody wanna help me within jersey??
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

In the 6 years i have owned my galant (its a 2002 gtz), and reading these boards, i have come to the conclusion that what really matters on how struts will last....are the road condidtion where you live. I installes eibach springs at 10k miles with the stock struts. Bought a set of KYB AGX at about 40k miles vbecause stock ones were shot to hell. Im now at 80k and my agx struts are gone. I live in Rhode Island where the roads are absolutely horrible. I am now going back to stock springs/struts because i really dont want to change my struts every 2-3 years :/ If you live down south where the roads are decent and relatively flat and smooth.....put whatever you want in there, it will prolly last a decent amount of time.

Just my 2c :)

Anyone with Gr2 and Eibach sport ?

Ive been running Gr2 for a couple of months now and its bumpy as hell with the stock springs. Im going to do the Eibach sport line with 1'' drop all around to get the gap it the front a lil less.

I read somewhere that its posible to do a swap og the front stock springs to the rear. Anyone?
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ECLIP...QQcmdZViewItem

hes selling the co now JIC MGIC SUNPENSION PROJECT bit is at 405 buy it now is at 900 some one need to jump on this big time
    03 I4

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    ok just making sure if i get this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-...em320227147488

will it work with tein s tech springs made for my i4 2003 galant es just dbl checking
    Last edited by jimmy_o2; 03-13-2008 at 01:55 AM
    03 I4

Read through the entire thread & see alot of mixed opinions.

I have an I4 '02....would GR2's + TEIN S-tech springs be a good combo? And I'll have to replace them in about a year and a half?

Black '02 2.4L ES ~ TGCLI

I got my setup used with about 7K on shocks and springs (eibach pro kit and GR-2's). i have since driven on them for about 11K amd over a year. still no problems with mine. so about 20K miles later and about 2 years no problem and my springs settled really low. look at the sig to see how low

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

So do you think I'd be ok with some tein Stechs and gr2's? I don't drive all crazy and shit and there aren't many potholes over by me or anything like that to eff my suspension.

In LI,NY the roads are okay?

Yeah most of them are pretty decent. They do pretty good re-paving jobs every now and then.

Hey guys, are the ebay KYB AGX's for Eclipse 00 - 05 will fit our 8g's? ty

(I can't seem to find one for the Galant 03. Otherwise let me know where it's cheap to get a set for these shocks online.)
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast