The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AEM F/IC

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

AEM F/IC

AEM here i come!!!! i just pmed mike over at road race,i hope the pricing isnt too bad with the harness. i hope itsunder 750 w/ harness.

...lets finally tune this 3.8!!!! where is everyone at??
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

why not put the RIPP stage 3 kit on b4 the tune???

lol you don't know how close i am to clicking on the sds and checking out :?

well thought i give you a little update... the aem is 350, install is 300 and tuning is about 100... soo yea 750.

after some talk over at rre... im sad to say im not going to go with ripp, or even turbo... im thinkin of making an appointment sometime this month to maybe get this installed, if even i go through with it. Perfomance wise im at a halt. ive taken a financial hit and i dont want to worry about my car in the future breaking down, and have checked on the dmv and the car will be up for smog already in 08 (only 4years if bought second hand from orginal car date, 6 years exempt if bought brand new :x ... ), soo im expeting to shell out some money to remove the headers n aem if i have it.... dissapointed

maybe i can get my lady to buy at least some accesories lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Get a boomslang harness for the AEM so its easy to remove? But there arent any easy ways to install/uninstall the headers.
    7g for life!

yea this one guy i think his name was brian is selling the aem harnesses over at the 4g forums for 265. its made from scratch and i think he is working with rre to ramp up the quantity... but im still in limbo until i figure this out
    :|

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    If I had to do my wiring over, I wouldn't do it without a harness that plugs into your factory wiring, then your harness plugs into the ECU and the splices are in between. Pretty sure Boomslang can cusom make you a harness if you want, not sure on the price.
    7g for life!

you can always have like 2 long cats, welded back to back in the straight section of yoru exhaust. with flanges, and have a test pipe of equal length made.

so you just jack up the car. 4 bolts and your dual cats are in....

drive the car real hard to the smog to make sure the cats are lit up. and get checked.

i mean its only once a year right? so just make it modular so its easy to switch back.

you won't have to hassle with the headers if your cats are after the Y

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

replacementisdisplacement
    What's up Krazi! I havent been on club9g for a long time and when I visited, I found out everyone left? I was told you moved here. I have been talking with BrianJ about the harness. I sent him pictures of my ECU placement which is identical to the Eclipse and Connector e-prom pins. He informed me the harness will work with our cars, I think he is going to adjust some minor settings and get back with me on this. Have you installed the FIC on your Galant yet?

hey, sorry have been busy with a lot of little things happening... no news yet on the fic...

replacementisdisplacement
    I dont know what happened on club9g. Like I said I was gone for a while and when I visited that site it seemed like everything changed and a lot of people left? I just dont see the interest, that I used to see. Not that I expected a lot of people would modify their Galant's. It seems that only a few recognized the performance potential of the car, seeing as it's basicaly identical to the 4thGen Eclipse, save for MIVEC! Brians harness is completely plug and play, there is no splicing. If anyone wanted to go back to stock you just have to unplug it. Of course you you will run pig rich again. Brian said of all the cars he tuned with the FIC the average gain is 15-25 WHP, this gives you and idea of how rich these cars run from the factory. I also heard that installing Pulstar plugs help quite a bit as well as some people had to add some fuel back to the car after tuning with the FIC. To get in the 25 WHP range there is some timing advance involved as well, but brian gives instructions on how to do this with his FIC/Harness!

i agree, when i first started this post i was on the verge of getting the unit, however got layed off later that week which pretty much halted me till this day. F'ed it and went back to school "again", i finally finish this monday, less i fail the final. hurray for me!