The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: front and not rear?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

front and not rear?

so...would it be bad for the car if i put kyb gr-2's with teins on the front only and leave stock suspension on the rear? i dunno probably a dumb question.
    '03
    rockin' the DE

I would recommend against having two different springs in the car and two different types of shocks/struts in a car. Handling would be way off, its not worth it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i would keep it all the same, but like redgalant said, its possible but the spring rates etc would be all different...the rear is easier to install then the front anyway, took me like an hour for the rear

if u gonan do the front, do the rear, its not worth just doing one, and if u got them from sleeper (as i saw in ur other post) u got complete setups, so it'll be 1-2-3 to install

do what u want, u probably have one of those galants that are really low in the rear so u feel u dont hav to lower it more, well its cuz your rear springs are shot if u add lowering springs to the rear it will actually probably raise it up. ive seen it happen. youll regret the ride mismatching springs
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Dont forget when you stop suddenly your front is going to be a little stiffer then your rear. I think your stopping ability will be a little off and dangerous. Take the time and money to do it right the first time or your ride will piss you off.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Don't just drop the front, do it right and drop it all the way around. I just dropped the front on my G and I paid for it :evil:

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

okay...the thought just crossed my mind and i was just wondering if it was a good/bad idea. thanks for the heads up...i'll just install all of 'em.

and yes, i do think my rear is low enough but i only have 40k miles on it so i don't think my springs are shot. but i'll just go ahead and install all 4.
    '03
    rockin' the DE

besides, where the hell are you going to buy just 2 springs?

very true...i just got to thinking about it. just a thought floating around in my brain. no actual plans.
    '03
    rockin' the DE