The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: cracked rim

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar

cracked rim

as most of you know from other posts, i have a cracked rim and not from my own driving. anyways heres the thing i need to know, i may be able to keep them now bcuz i got my mom to change her mind. i need to find a new place to fix it but thats something else. has anyone had a cracked rim b4? did you get it fixed? and did it ever recrack?

thanks for your help

btw thanks to this site i found that the car tends to have vibrations around 65-70, but from what i found i didnt find an answer to what it could be anyone know about this issue?

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    just take it to a local rim shop etc and ask them to fix it....most of the time they send it out to be done...i had 1 cracked rim before and had it fixed for like $150 i think rode on it for a few months with no problems but i later went with a bigger size....as long as it is done right you shouldnt have to worry....also try looking on ebay for th 1 wheel sometimes they pop up.... i remember you saying that yours were discontinued so that may be another option and should be around the same price

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    http://truwheel.com/
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    just take it to a local rim shop etc and ask them to fix it....most of the time they send it out to be done...i had 1 cracked rim before and had it fixed for like $150 i think rode on it for a few months with no problems but i later went with a bigger size....as long as it is done right you shouldnt have to worry....also try looking on ebay for th 1 wheel sometimes they pop up.... i remember you saying that yours were discontinued so that may be another option and should be around the same price
    yes it is discontiuned, but thanks to finding the thing about steering wheel vibrations on the 8g car problems, my mom is letting my fix and keep them, does anyone know about that problem? how much would it cost to fix that problem?

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    well the vibrations can be a number of things....when does it happen most....only when going those speeds...does it happen when idleing? ho many miles on the car?

97.5k miles, only between 65-80 over 80 it either gets a little worse OR it stops... it doesnt do it everytime but its most of the time between those speeds and only those speeds

okay i got a 2 new names of 2 reliable places becuase the last guy i went to was obviously full of crap. the real reason to my steering wheel shaking i found the info on this site so he didnt NEEED to repair all 4 for $350 and one of the new contacts said they would fix it for $150 (not seeing it yet) is the minimum and it might raise just a bit OR i can go to my local shop have them send out the rim to this place called keystone who will send me back either MY rim fixed or a replacement that is just the same

steering wheel prob - https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25083

i have a shop that will look into it for me

does anyone know how to fix curbrash? because i want my wheels to look nice and the people who sold them to me drove like shit :evil:

sand it down repaint and clearcoat

also i had the vibration problem too and all i did was replace a tierod and got it aligned it drives smooth as hell now

what is a tierod :oops:

and maybe an alignment could work, should i do it AFTER i put my rims on or is before just fine?

basically, a tie rod connects from the main steering component to the wheel assembly to make the car turn.
    '03
    rockin' the DE

is it simple to replace? i have to check with my warrenty first if they cover what needs to be done even if they do it half ass

tie rods wont be covered by your warranty cause they, how do you put this, are a high wear and tear part, they really dont cost much to replace, and you'll probably have to replace them by the time you hit 80,000miles

well my car is at 97k lol and im pretty sure the people before me didnt do anything when they sold it at 93k