The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Planning to swap the brakes

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Planning to swap the brakes

I have a 7G and I wanted to know if the 3000GT brakes would fit my 7G if not then Imma just get some new OEM Brakes for the front since they are squealing like a b*tch. Just wanted to know.

Squealing = Metal on Metal. Get pads and get your discs resurfaced, or new ones if they're out of spec.

3000GT brakes are 5 lug, so you'd either have to swap everything over to your car, then find rims, or swap just everything off the front and look we-todd-did. Plus, you'd have to find Eclipse parts, because I don't think 3000GT parts are interchangable all the way.

Find some powerslot rotors and hawk pads, that's what I'm going to go with soon.
    1996 Galant S

you can do it, but you need 6G vR-4 rotors ( to keep 4 lug), new custom brake lines ($90), pads, get the 3kGT backing plates, and of course the dual pot calipers.

about $250 bucks +/- $50 for a big brake kit is good

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

only the SL 3kgt brakes will fit.....

not the vr4 brakes.

the vr4 brakes will never fit. without 18" wheels a custom bracket that no one makes, wheel shims, and a pair of audi a6 front rotors.

don't even think about it.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

i have a GS rear disk brake system sitting at the back of my house that i need to get rid off. Inlcuded is everything you will need to make the rear disk conversion and still stay 4 lug
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

Proto
    i didnt change my backing plates on the GS kolio.

- 3000GT SL/92-92 Diamante calipers/brackets and pads
    - RRE ss brake lines
    - 6g vr4 rotors

done