The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Which wheels?

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

Which wheels?

I've been wanting to get new wheels for a while now, but i'm undecided on which ones to get.
    Let me know what you guys think..

PIAA Style-D Wheel (18x7.5)
    http://www.racinglab.com/piaa-wheel-style-d-18x75.html

Racing Hart RS721 (19x8.5)
    http://superbuytires.com/RacingHart/RS%20721/

Racing Hart RS521 (19x8.5)
    http://www.wheelsdirectonline.com/racinghart/rs521.htm

Axis Shines (19x8.5)
    http://www.axiswheels.com/wheels.php?id=shine <- My fav, so damn expensive though.

TSW Thruxton (18x8)
    http://www.streetdreams.org/wheels/r.../Hyper%20Black

TSW Laguna (18x8)
    http://www.streetdreams.org/wheels/r...Hyper%20Silver

R-1 Hype (18x7.5)
    http://www.1010tires.com/wheel.asp?w...heelmodel=Hype

I was also wondering if anyone knew if the 19x8.5 would fit? Is the 8.5 going to be too wide? Thanks guys.

'99 Mitsubishi Galant <3
    '06 GG Mitsubishi Evo bolt-ons 12.3 @ 108mph - sold :(
    '03 WW Mitsubishi Evo built but never tracked - sold :(

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i say go with the axis shines...the piaas are nice too but talk to s-line i know he had a set and said they were mush

tsw laguna

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Axis shines looks very nice, but yeah they are expensive.

That R-1 Hype looks nice as well, but I have no info about it regarding quality.

I would have to say axis shines. They all look pretty good though

TGC Regular
    tsw laguna hands down

they all look good, its pretty much preference. and cost.

Thanks guys. Your opinions help :D

'99 Mitsubishi Galant <3

Get the same wheels that VegasMatt has....but then you'd have to grow a hairy fat belly, and that really isn't pretty....

As far as the wheels a 8.5" is rather wide, it should fit as long as the offset allows. I.E. +35mm to +40mm. With aftermarket suspension it should not be an issue, but with a 235/35-19 and even a +40mm offset I don't see it fitting. Though if you did a 225/35-19 it should clear just fine.

Then remember to roll the rear fender lips.

Which wheels does VegasMatt have? And no, that is not pretty, specially on a female :shock:

But yeah I wasn't sure about the 8.5's. I know the offset would have to be somewhat high, like you said between 35 and 40.

I would have to get 35's though? You don't think 40's would fit? Cause I don't want to be riding on rubberbands. My brother just got 19's and he has 35's on there.. I didn't think it was going to be TOO small, but he put them on and they look tiny.
    And yeah I plan to roll the fenders, if needed.

'99 Mitsubishi Galant <3

Well remember thats what I got. 235/35-19 BFG KDW2s on 19x8" +40mm Motegi DV5 wheels.

As it sits now I can pretty much guarentee at least on mine I won't fit a 8.5" +40mm wheel without changing to aftermarket suspension. I think the 99-01s may have more clearance in their, but I could be wrong.

Either way I'd recommend a test fit.

Okay, so you're sitting at stock height in that picture? I have the Teins and the AGX's, don't know if that makes a difference. But those tires look tiny, I would rather have a little more beef on them, just to be safe. And I have to say, I think you're right about the 99-01's having more clearance cause before I lowered mine it sat a lot higher than yours does. Just saying.. But thank you for you're info, I appreciate it. Oh and i'm gonna ask my brother to put his 19's on my car to check it out, see how everything fits. Thanks again :)

'99 Mitsubishi Galant <3

Quote Originally Posted by xglantv699
    Okay, so you're sitting at stock height in that picture? I have the Teins and the AGX's, don't know if that makes a difference. But those tires look tiny, I would rather have a little more beef on them, just to be safe. And I have to say, I think you're right about the 99-01's having more clearance cause before I lowered mine it sat a lot higher than yours does. Just saying.. But thank you for you're info, I appreciate it. Oh and i'm gonna ask my brother to put his 19's on my car to check it out, see how everything fits. Thanks again :)
    Well if you want larger tires (I.e. 225/40-19s) they are noticeably larger than the 225/35-19s or even 235/35-19s. The AGXs should help quite a bit with extra clearance underneath the car. In fact you may be able to use a +45mm offset with your suspension.

Reelax has Tein SSP Dampers with a 19x8.5 +48mm, rolling 235/35-19 Nitto Invos with modified rear fenders (lips cut out). But you could probably make it work with a 225/35-19 without issues. Though I'd still recommend using 235/35-19s.

Remember you need to have at least a 235 width tire to fit nicely on a 8"-8.5" wheel. While 225s fit, they'll look a little stretched out. I really would recommend 235/35-19s you have the best options for tires in that size. You won't find anything very cheap in the 225/40-19.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Laguna

Thanks RedGalant. I'm still undecided though about these wheels. I really wanted the Axis' but there pretty damn expensive. So i'm stuck between the RacingHart 521's in silver, or the Lagunas. Actually.. the RacingHarts are up there too. Hmm.. Laguna's it is? I'm just worried about how it's gonna look on the car..

'99 Mitsubishi Galant <3

the shines are hella dope but I would say the R-1 Hype's if that wasnt an option anymore
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

come to Queens to take a look at my car. im on 235/35/19. +45 offset. I'll show you the spots that I was rubbing on, but fixed with some negative camber. Craig has the same wheels + tires but +38 offset. his looks even better because of his fender flares.

i like the Shines. Kevin has a set on his g35. looks hot on a black car. If you like the 5 spoke look, check out g-games 77w on the wheels direct online site

Alright.. one day I might have to just to see how everything fits. The g-games 77w wheels are nice.. I was looking for something with more of a lip though.

The shines were the first rims I saw and fell in love with. I just wish they weren't so expensive.. I don't know if it's gonna be worth buying these b/c of that.

We'll see.. I really need tires so i'm debating wether or not to get new tires for the 17's (cause their damn near bald) or just wait and get new tires for the new rims. hm..

'99 Mitsubishi Galant <3