The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: pioneer new topic: keyless litterally

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar

pioneer new topic: keyless litterally

i already have a pioneer head unit, i assumed the speakers were too but obviously the people only changed the head unit so i was wondering would getting 4 new pioneer speakers, 1 amp, and 2 subs be easy to wire? and would you recommend sound proofing my doors and trunk?

new topic:
    alright so i used the search but everything is just about unlocking the doors or locking them or problems, but what is the thing that people have mentioned about shaving the handles and having no handles to get it? how much would it cost and what is it

if u ever wired a pair of subs then yes if not then u need to do a lil bit of homework, if the subs are already in the box then its just gonna be running wires from the trunk to under the hood and behind the head unit, buy the 3 way speakers and get an amp for those and that will require more wiring but ur sound system will be :smt020
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Re: pioneer

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant
    i already have a pioneer head unit, i assumed the speakers were too but obviously the people only changed the head unit so i was wondering would getting 4 new pioneer speakers, 1 amp, and 2 subs be easy to wire? and would you recommend sound proofing my doors and trunk?
    look up ghetto mat in the search. It works good. Be prepared to take out all your seats and you'll be able to hook up stuff easy. It will probably take you a whole day to do it right. good luck
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    depends what you want in the long run you dont want to weigh your car down if your going for performance....i also take it that you have absolutely no experience in wiring things up considering the questions you ask...the regular replacement speakers are easy aside from removing the seat and panels to get to the rear ones, wiring is easy though....as far as the sub if you have no experience even though its easy i say you take it to a professional and just keep an eye on them to see for the future and ask some questions as long as it doesnt annoy them...or you can just read a lot and learn to do it yourself....it is really easy also but entails a lot more knowledge then just spliceing 2 existing wires as for the other speakers

alright thanks, im going to buy the door speakers for now, should i get an amp for those rite away?

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    well if you plan on hooking an amp up to the interior speaker again i would let a pro do it or someone who knows more about it then you....generally you dont need an amp....if you decide not to use one then do it yourself...just 2 wires i believe green and black splice them and get (usually 1 regular size female and 1 small femal connector... put them to the appropriate male connectors on the speaker...and your done, thyen depending on what speaker you get you may need to make or buy a braket to mount them...stock is 6.75 but are hard to come by 6.5 are easier to get but usually you will need the bracket for them

i think ill just buy walmart pioneer stuff and have either someone i know do it or just pay a pro to do it, i think i have a good connection but who knows if they will help or anything

running an amp for the speakers isnt that hard, all u have to do is run alotta wires, find out which wire behind the head unit is for what speakers and which is the positive and the negative and then extend those wires to the trunk to reach the amp, hook them up to the amp, then run wires from the amp to the head unit

i hope i didnt confuse u

what im tryin to say is instead of hooking up the wire harness to the head unit, u have to run it to the amp

i will try to use paint to get u an outline if u didnt understand what i explained

good luck
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

thanks for the help, i think im going ot see what contacts i have and what i end up buying

TGC Regular

Re: pioneer new topic: keyless litterally

new topic:
    alright so i used the search but everything is just about unlocking the doors or locking them or problems, but what is the thing that people have mentioned about shaving the handles and having no handles to get it? how much would it cost and what is it
    A door popper kit?

I bought one for my Altima but decided that wasn't the route I wanted to go. Right now its just collecting dust in my garage. Going off the top of my head I think it was this one right here http://www.slickcar.com/productdetai...ProductID=3268

if door popper kit is the name and your car wouldnt have handles then yes thats it

if door popper kit is the name and your car wouldnt have handles then yes thats it
    door poppers are cool, i always considered and thought about doing them for my car but never got to it, they will be a pain in the a$$ after a while and the only problem if ur battery dies but i read something about attaching a small back up battery specially for that im not sure about the details but it would def. give the car a nice clean look especially if u would shave the moldings of the doors
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

most people will actually put release cables and run them into the trunk
    that way if the battery ever dies you just open the trunk with your key, and pull one

Quote Originally Posted by frag_daddy_2007
    most people will actually put release cables and run them into the trunk
    that way if the battery ever dies you just open the trunk with your key, and pull one
    what happens if u shave the trunk lock ?? i mean u gonna shave the door handles then shave the trunk lock and gas door and reroute it
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

^ i dont think id go that far... IF i was to ever do it, and having a key for the truck is still the safest way to go incase it does die out on you