The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Heater Not Working

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Heater Not Working

Hey guys, so it's starting to get cooler out and my heat is not working. A few weeks ago my car overheated and the cause was a big slice in my radiator from something. So, I had it replaced with some hoses and other things, and they told me my heat probably didn't work because the coolant was low from my radiator.

It still doesn't work. They tell me that there is a valve or some crap under or behind my dash that is bad and needs to be replaced. I'm trying to figure out wtf they are talking about. Any ideas? They charged me just under $1,000 to fix my radiator problems, and now they want another $700 to fix my heat.

I just want to see if it's something me and my friends can fix or not. Any help would be appreciated.
    Jeff [vorcatec]

search?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I looked around online but didn't see anything. Was hoping someone on here would know...
    Jeff [vorcatec]

search?
    he meant search TGC, theres a search engine at the top of the page

do you get cold air coming in at all. Does the fan work and blow any air in? When you tourn the temperature knob on the left it does not switch it to hot?
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Try Checking your fuses. if they are not blown then physically take them out and clean the tips if they are dirty or just replace them.

i know nothing about the heater shutoff valve.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

pinoy midas told me that too. They said it's behind the dash but I'm not trying to rip that shit apart. Thanks for the help guys I'll check it out. It blows cool air and freezing cold when i turn the AC on but if i turn it to hot, it blows cool air. Not warm, not hot.
    Jeff [vorcatec]

its that heater control valve that sits way back behind the dash. theres 2 of them, but the more expensive one is the one that is faulty. mine does the same thing as yours. the part is about $140 bucks at the dealership. but if you want them to do it overall itll cost around $400 bucks. I told myself screw it and never fixed it but now its starting to get cold in the mornings and im thinking about getting it now. the parts guy at the dealership should know which part, the guy at the dealership i went to, told me he sells those all the time.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

yaaa thats what Midas said. Thanks a million man. Sounds like the dealer will charge me a LOT less than midas. Wow. This is great info thanks again!
    Jeff [vorcatec]