The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: PROGRESS SPRINGS

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 83
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz2000
    If I got these, would I need to replace the hydrolic thingies?
    I assume you mean the struts and shocks? You don't have to replace them, BGR didn't, but I had no choice because my front struts blew out very quickly.

Tazz2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ
    I assume you mean the struts and shocks? You don't have to replace them, BGR didn't, but I had no choice because my front struts blew out very quickly.
    Well, I'm getting close to 30k mi, and I think I remember somebody saying I should replace it somewhere around there. If I decide to, what should I look for?

Well, I'm getting close to 30k mi, and I think I remember somebody saying I should replace it somewhere around there. If I decide to, what should I look for?
    I would go with the KYB's, front and rear. The only other options are the Koni inserts for the front and Tokico's for the rear. You are just better off having a set that matches since they will compliment each other better. The only reason I have the Koni inserts up front instead of the KYB's is because the front KYB's weren't available when my stock fronts blew out.

Tiptronic
    mine didnt blow, but i changed mine cause ppl say its best to do it all at one time. saves time, and money(if you get a shop to do the work)

Tazz2000
    How much should I expect to pay for the struts? The first price I have been able to find is $389

http://www.coximport.com/agx/apps.html try these guys - they have AGX' listed for 360 online - and I called and got the set for 345 shipped....talked to Mike Blackwell....he also gave me a coupon code for guys that wanted to order online ....to save 10 bux......21064.....

Jomin, was it a prompt shipment?? How long did it take for you to receive it?
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

Ada
    I got my Progress Springs from www.digitalracer.com

Pretty decent company, took about 1.5 weeks to get from my order online to my doorstep. I recommend calling them for any orders though just to make sure they have it in stock. They also gave me free shipping.

I got mine from www.optauto.com for about 150 shipped and had them in about a week.....got charged 200 to have em installe, and no camber kit needed here...
    my rear wheels tilt in on the top...the bottom of the wheels are slightly further out then the tops...
    you can see in my avatar
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

But are you riding on stock struts?? If so, how long have you been using these springs..........Any sign of shocks dying yet??
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

still got the stock struts and shox....
    I've had front droped since April and rear dropped since June...
    I only got about 30,000 miles on the car...
    I think they are gonna go some point next year...the ride seems a little more bouncy then it was...
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Ada
    I got my Progress springs installed for only 80 bones. Got a good shop near me that is really cool.

I LOVED the look in the front, but the backend is too low IMO so I may put the stock springs back in the rear and since I plan on putting a system there too. I think it will be a wise decision.

And for the ride, I wasn't impressed. IMO, you should get some aftermarket shocks cause the stock ones really can't take the lowering. Even though they hold out, the ride is too bouncy for me. It feels as though I look like I cut my coils when I go over a speed bump. That make sense? Anyways, I'm going to try to get KYB's ASAP, but since the holidays are approaching, I'm going to have to put that shit on hold.

some help

im lookin to get progress springs jus for my front end 2 cuz i got a system in da back... now like u guyz were sayin.. u guyz think my suspensionz gonna go after a while??? u think its a good idea to change everything at once??? if u do how much u think it would cost for jus da front end??? and wats the diff between stock gtz suspension and the regular es suspension... cuz i gotta gtz and supposidly i have a sports tunes suspension... i c no diff though??? help a brotha out guyz... peace
    anthony

BlankMan
    Quote Originally Posted by jomin1016
    http://www.coximport.com/agx/apps.html try these guys - they have AGX' listed for 360 online - and I called and got the set for 345 shipped....talked to Mike Blackwell....he also gave me a coupon code for guys that wanted to order online ....to save 10 bux......21064.....
    That's good to know - considering there was a GB for $365 plus shipping.... hmmmm.

J

Quote Originally Posted by MrJaYdEeOnE
    I got mine from www.optauto.com for about 150 shipped and had them in about a week.....got charged 200 to have em installe, and no camber kit needed here...
    my rear wheels tilt in on the top...the bottom of the wheels are slightly further out then the tops...
    you can see in my avatar
    ouch, $200 to installed? seems about right, but the shop on my area charge $100. and mine is labor free.

Do it yourself.. very easy..wont cost a dime..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

mbssbm
    I got mine from ptuning for $159. Fast service from ptuning.com. They were supposed to be in today when i got home from work and i was looking foward to installing them tonight but the dumb ass UPS guys forgot to put it on the truck even though it somehow left the local warehouse this morning, so i have to wait till tomorrow. Man i'm so mad I've been looking forward to getting my springs today but now i must wait 8 hours and i cn't take it,, ARGGHHH

well, I ordered my agx's from cox imports on a sat and got them on wed- - as promised.....good price, fast shipping...don't know what else to look for in an online company....everything seemed pretty good to me....

Ada
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromeGalant
    Is there a guide somewhere on how to change out the springs? I'm interested in changing out my rear springs. Rear easier than front? Lemme in on the knowledge! 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ada
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromeGalant
    Is there a guide somewhere on how to change out the springs? I'm interested in changing out my rear springs. Rear easier than front? Lemme in on the knowledge! 8)
    ya i think last time there is a tutorial on how to do it but i dont have the link, and the back are pretty easy to change, just take off your back seat so you can reach the bolt for the struts on both side, and theres should be 3 bolts on each side.(2 on top, and one on the bottom )

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast