The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Volvo S-40 wheels

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Volvo S-40 wheels

There's a guy selling some 16 inch wheels with tires off of his Volvo S-40. I do not know the year...

Okay, I double checked the bolt pattern on these wheels, and I need them to fit my 7 Gen Galant. The bolt pattern is 4x114.3, which I know is correct. How important is the backspacing? I don't want to Drive 45 minutes to pick these up and have them not work on the G. And how would I find out the backspacing?

are these factory or aftermarket wheels?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

He just said that they are summer wheels and tires and he switches to winter tires during that season. They look like aftermarket, I wasn't too full of questions when I talked to him, since my tires are bald and he's selling these so cheap (excited).

Another problem, the tires mounted to said wheels are Fuzion ZR-I, not HR-I like I thought previously. Now, any tire is better than a bald tire right? But some reviews said that these tires are utter junk in winter conditions. But really, 200 bucks isn't going to buy me much else, and I can always have them siped.

Summer tires usually work like crap in the winter. Why not just use the money you have to get a set of decent all seasons?

222whp/250wtq

I wish I could find some for that price. I'm jobless for now, and 250 is the max I have for a set. Costco wanted to sell me a set of all seasons for 350 mounted and balanced, but I looked up the reviews and they were totally bottom of the barrel tires. If I order some online, like at TireRack, I'd save money and get better quality tires too, but I'd still have to pay to have them mounted and balanced, which negates the saving money part.

My last resort is heading to a small place called Gomez Tire here in the Des Moines area and getting two decent used tires to mount where my bald ones are (I have two that can make it through winter), these guys rape the local salvage yards and sell you junk tires and mount and balance for you too. But salvaged tires do not sound like the best option but it may just come down to that.

Dang, forget it guys, it fell through and I couldn't make the trip yesterday, and he said he'll hold on to the set for today, but Sears called and they want me to come in for a pre screen interview right smack dab in the middle of the day, so again, can't make the trip out there. Looks like it just wasn't meant to be.

I did pay a electric bill yesterday though, and I just happened to be around Gomez tire, so I drove up there and he showed me a very good pair of Continental tires, all season with I'd say at least 95% tread left on them. I thought I could just remember the name of the tire and research when I came home, but Continental names all their tires similarly. There are 4 different styles on TireRack for instance (in my size), with all similar names, 3 styles are a very good tire, and one is garbage (says the ratings). But they're a steal, 25 per tire including mounting and balancing, cannot beat that anywhere.

If only the guy selling the Motegi DP6 wheels with the Falken Ziex tires would answer his phone...

if those are aftermarket wheels then you shouldn't have any major issues. the offset should be stamped on the back, along with the wheel size.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I see on Tirerack.com all the wheels they reccomend, the offsets are all between 38 - 45, which seems pretty basic. I'll keep that in mind in the future. Right now my Borbets are 40mm.

last post in this thread for me (not a bump, it's still at the top).

After going to the interview, I decided to hop on the highway and head to Gomez Tire, they had the tires waiting for me just like I asked earlier. It looked busy, both bays were full and there was a dead car in front getting put onto a flatbed. So I said "you look kinda busy, can you still fit me in? If not, I can come back tomorrow" He said, "naw, pull right here in front of the building". So I did, and 10 minutes later, two tires mounted and balanced, my payment, 50 bucks. Two guys come out with two huge hydraulic jacks and both my front wheels were off in seconds, the balancing took the most time of all.

The only problem is that they are indeed, the low end Continental. Tirerack rates them at Fair-Good in all areas, which is actually the worst ratings I ever see at Tirerack. But hey, they have a ton of tread on em, and they will get me through the winter, giving me time to save up for some nice tires next year.

Anywho, I highly reccomend Gomez Tire to guys in need of a quick tire for cheap in the Des Moines area. I hear that Flatt Tire Centers can be twice the price for their used tires (in some cases).

Shoot, there's more, my rotors feel less warped now by the way, and I attribute this to the flat spots on my old Kumhos making the tire unbalanced and giving me that up and down motion during accel and braking (similar feeling to a warped rotor under braking at least).