The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fuel Pump, which one??

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Fuel Pump, which one??

ok, i 've checked most of the recent turbo sections from TGC and found that the Walbro 190lph fuel pump would be best for my turbo setup. I've found three sites but none of them had fuel pumps for the 2002 galant 4cyl. so my question is do i go with a fuel pump from earlier years or would i go with a fuel pump from an eclipse 3G?

here are the sites i've checked so far (will try more as well...)
    http://www.alamomotorsports.com/walb...mitsubishi.htm
    http://www.fuel-pumps.net/mitsubishi-galant.html
    http://walbrofuelpumps.com/

this one has one for a 3G, was considering this one
    http://www.expressfuelpumps.com/mits...mps-c-974.html

Any input (or bashing ) would be appreciated, thanks in advance :D

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    More then likely the 190lph will be plent for whatever you can throw at it. But what are the specifics of the setup going to be?
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    More then likely the 190lph will be plent for whatever you can throw at it. But what are the specifics of the setup going to be?
    it's going to be a 14B turbo, FMIC, 190lph fuel pump, 2G injectors, wideband 02 sensor (i think), 1G02 housing, 2G manifold, tranny cooler, SAFC (for now), MBC, 2.5" exhaust (megan). that's all i can think of for now. only running 6psi, but maybe 8 when i'm sure everything's tuned up right (speaking of which i'll take it to be dyno or look for a local tuner in Jersey.

it'll be the turbo that i bought from Prophet

the thing is from those sites, or your know personal preference, which fuel pump (for which year/model) should i get?

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Then definitely get the 190, the 255 is by far overkill unless you replace every single part you just listed with better equipment.

As for which year fuel pump to get, I am not sure, I would assume any 3g i4 years.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    my walbro 255 is for a 2g if that helps, my 8g is a 99. The only thing that didnt fit is that gigantic walbro fuel filter, i just bought a new oem filter and put it on the walbro pump.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    my walbro 255 is for a 2g if that helps, my 8g is a 99. The only thing that didnt fit is that gigantic walbro fuel filter, i just bought a new oem filter and put it on the walbro pump.
    so considering your setup , i can get the 2g as well....hmmm..... :?

wait... i thought the fuel filter was in the gas tank :smt017
    i guess there's a separate filter just for the fuel pump as well

Quote Originally Posted by run1206
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    so considering your setup , i can get the 2g as well....hmmm..... :?

wait... i thought the fuel filter was in the gas tank :smt017
    i guess there's a separate filter just for the fuel pump as well
    the fuel pump is in the gas tank
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Experienced TGC Member
    I have the walbro 190lph installed in my 2000 galant. Went with that unit so I can get away with not running a aftermarket fpr. You just need the pump btw. Like stewi said above just get a new oem fuel filter. It is in tank on the pump assembly. You can get the pump on ebay. Part # is gss250 for the pump. I got mine from extremepsi on ebay for $80 shipped and it arrived next day. The 190lph is good for setups that are up to 350bhp. So even if you upgrade to a 50 trim and 650cc injectors. you sould be fine at mid teen boost levels.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepervr-4
    I have the walbro 190lph installed in my 2000 galant. Went with that unit so I can get away with not running a aftermarket fpr. You just need the pump btw. Like stewi said above just get a new oem fuel filter. It is in tank on the pump assembly. You can get the pump on ebay. Part # is gss250 for the pump. I got mine from extremepsi on ebay for $80 shipped and it arrived next day. The 190lph is good for setups that are up to 350bhp. So even if you upgrade to a 50 trim and 650cc injectors. you sould be fine at mid teen boost levels.
    k, went on eBay and bought the fuel pump with that specific number. so since i have to get a new fuel filter, i have to get into my gas tank and change the old one
    the new oem fuel fuel filter ( i assume ) i can get at a local auto store later in the week.

Drew, I promise you this time if I help you, it will not entail 7 hours of "hell-p-ing".

No, seriously if you want help, come on over. I had to do this myself and can do the re-wire right away.

Just run the tank as low as you can to cut back on the amount of "spillage".

Quote Originally Posted by mtcavity1
    Drew, I promise you this time if I help you, it will not entail 7 hours of "hell-p-ing".

No, seriously if you want help, come on over. I had to do this myself and can do the re-wire right away.

Just run the tank as low as you can to cut back on the amount of "spillage".
    ok, i'll come by sometime during the weekend, most likely saturday afternoon or sunday afternoon. let me know what time's good for me to come by. Worst case senerio, i have a red 1gallon gas canister that i can bring with me in the trunk...just in case i run out. I'll bring the turbo components also cuz they came in the mail today :D :D

gotta post my turbo thread tomorrow afternoon.