The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: P0300 random misfire?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

P0300 random misfire?

Service engine soon light is on with code P0300. I changed the plugs got the code cleard and drove it around, the light came back on so I go and buy new wires. And the light came back on... tested to coils but there still good. What can I do next? I'm idling at 700 rpms which is lower then what I'm use to seeing 1500. When I'm at a stop light for a long time it would die. When I take off I'm getting hesitation untill I hit around 5mph any ideas what could be causing this?
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar

Re: P0300 random misfire?

Quote Originally Posted by The F.B.I
    Service engine soon light is on with code P0300. I changed the plugs got the code cleard and drove it around, the light came back on so I go and buy new wires. And the light came back on... tested to coils but there still good. What can I do next? I'm idling at 700 rpms which is lower then what I'm use to seeing 1500. When I'm at a stop light for a long time it would die. When I take off I'm getting hesitation untill I hit around 5mph any ideas what could be causing this?
    how sure are you that the Coil packs are still good? when that code came out on me it was the coil packs. i changed everything and it turn out to be the last thing i changed which were the coil packs.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Do you have a I4 OR V6? If you have an I4 check if your intake manifold is cracked behind the throttle body.

If only getting 1 cylinder misfiring, then maybe replace the boot for the coilpack. On the I4, each coilpack controls 2 cylinders. So if a coilpack dies, you would probably have 2 cylinders out. Autozone and others carry the coilpack boots for about $20 each. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoy724
    Do you have a I4 OR V6? If you have an I4 check if your intake manifold is cracked behind the throttle body.
    cardomain shows he has an i4, x2 on the manifold

i have the i4 also and got the p0302 (cylinder 2 misfire) but i did a tune up at the end of august (including plugs wires and coil packs) do you think i also have the manifold problem?