The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: run1206's turbo build: Parts complete

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 241

run1206's turbo build: Parts complete

ok, the turbo came in yesterday. took some pics, here's some.

i just bought the fuel pump last night(Walbro 190lph), might get another intercooler during the weekend, FMIC. maybe these....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/28X7X...QQcmdZViewItem
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/28X7X...QQcmdZViewItem

i have a tapped oil pan, ready to install (thank you stewi :D )

The List:
    14B turbo
    2G Manifold (thinking about buying brandon's 2g mani as a "backup" mani)
    1G o2 Housing
    1g BOV
    Resistor Box
    2G DSM Injectors with adapter wires (currently using 440cc Subaru WRX injectors)
    NGK Cold Plugs (i think 2 degrees)
    Tranny cooler
    Tearstone Billet adapter for fuel return
    Fuel fittings (to connect to FPR, gonna use -6AN fittings for the fuel)
    2G SMIC (gonna use FMIC, thank you underrated :D )
    Manual Boost Controller
    SAFC (might stick with ECUFlash, EvoScan, and ScanTech for tuning the STFT and LTFT)
    Intercooler Piping (2.5 inch setup to match Megan 2.5 inch exhaust piping)
    Oil lines (-4AN for feed, -10AN for return)
    Oil Cooler (same as mtcavity's oil cooler)
    couplers
    gaskets (head to exhaust manifold, exhaust mani to turbo, turbo to o2 housing, and o2 housing to downpipe)
    oil filter adapter
    custom downpipe ( i have the piping, hopefully will be able to weld it together this summer)
    Innovate Wideband O2 sensor and Tactrix Cable bundle
    EGT gauge
    Autometer Boost Gauge
    Innovate Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge
    Walbro 190 lph fuel pump
    Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
    Golden Eagle Vacuum Manifold
    GM MAFTranslator
    Last edited by run1206; 05-27-2008 at 06:59 PM

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Good start. I got a Greddy EGT gauge with probe for sale if you want it. PM me if interested.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

Quote Originally Posted by SinSere
    Good start. I got a Greddy EGT gauge with probe for sale if you want it. PM me if interested.
    PM sent...

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    nice drew, now u just have to overcome the ses codes so you can do th tranny swap lol

So many different people making progress on Turbo projects. Man I'm itching to start picking up parts now :mrgreen: .
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

looking good man. cain't wait to see it installed

as soon as i finish my other project my build begins :twisted:

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

hey drew i got an intercooler with those exact dimensions i'll sell it to you for cheaper then those ebay auctions its bar and plate also hit me up its brand new

its just taking up room since im doing my all motor build now
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Nice setup Drew!

When/If you need welding, fabricating, or someone to throw stuff at, I'm here. Although this is not going to take a few hours to install!

When are you looking into installing this?

Quote Originally Posted by mtcavity1
    Nice setup Drew!

When/If you need welding, fabricating, or someone to throw stuff at, I'm here. Although this is not going to take a few hours to install!

When are you looking into installing this?
    i was thinking maybe mid or late November, or whenever i get all the parts for the install (whichever comes first). I originally was thinking of installing in early January (in between semesters, so i don't have to worry too much about "down time"), but i figure if i have all the parts early enough, why not install sooner
    if you could help me with welding/ fabricating the DP, midpipe, IC, etc... that would be greatly appreciated!!!!:D cuz that's the one part i might get stuck on after getting all the parts.
    i kinda figure this isn't gonna be a 6 hour project either how long did it take for your installation?
    i called your cell today, wanted to drop by to see if we could get the fuel pump in, but i guess you were busy at work or out someplace.

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    nice drew, now u just have to overcome the ses codes so you can do th tranny swap lol
    :cry: :cry: i know, damn Jersey and its inspections :evil:
    but you're right, i gotta figure out which ECU and what code patterns will overcome the SES light problem. :?

after the turbo install, i'll be saving money for a (possible) tranny swap as well.

i've been searching eBay for intercooler piping and found only these few sites
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-96...QQcmdZViewItem
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-94...QQcmdZViewItem
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-99...QQcmdZViewItem

trying to find kits that don't have many 90degree bands, don't wanna lose power and i'll be willing to do modifications to the bends to optimize air flow

any thoughts on these? :?

btw, intercooler should be at my house tomorrow afternoon, planning on getting some new axles in New York on Friday and (hopefully) installing the fuel pump on Sunday afternoon. (mtcavity, will you be available on Sunday; wanted to see if we could get the fuel pump installed, let me know, thanks) any other updates, i'll let you all know. thanks :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    The first one looks most "universal". I just got some mandrel bends off eBay. I used two 45* bends and 4 90* bends, along with 2 straight pipes.

Something like this:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Universal-TURBO-...QQcmdZViewItem

Or this:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNIVE...spagenameZWDVW

U-bends are cool. I just cut mine to length and used couplers. Although the best way to do it would be to weld everything so you only have two pipes, an upper and a lower ic pipe.
    7g for life!

damn, Australia????? lol

i'm liking the second set. i gotta get in touch with a welder and see if he/she could do the piping for the intercooler, might look into the second set and weld that as the upper/ lower IC piping. i think mtcavity welded some of his piping for his turbo, might ask him about it later

the 2nd set seth posted is good for your car

Sunday after 3:00 PM, I'm free. I got most of my piping in from NAPA, mandrel bends of any size and bend radius.

I have been getting my ass handed to me, by my job. I am also building a new File Server and am having issues with my RAID array rebuilding itself on the new dual processor server. I loose my 62 Gigs of musical favorites and like 300 movies (out of the like 1500 I have in total). :cry:

That would mean 2-3 weeks of going through like 3000 DVDs and CDs and rebuilding the base again.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I dont know how much help I would be but im getting pretty good with a MIG welder, like if you were to fit the pipes, cut them to size and just mark them so that they can be lined up and welded, I could do it. Although If I were you, I would do that, and then bring it to a shop and pay a professional $250 to do it PERFECT. I will be honest with you, I dont even weld my own stuff yet, I can do it, but it doesnt always look great.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Good start man! Let me know if i can help
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

TGC Regular
    Damn. Thats nice. Well all i have is the 2g mani =\ and a side mount intercooler. But hey, it is a start. Ill get there. But im seriously considering keeping the auto. My friends talons turbo is so nice on the auto, it blows off, But you can still hear it all wound up, and the turbo just never looses power. Dont have that lag that my evo 8 had. only problem, is it would cost me about 4 grand to built the auto tranny i would wanna use. with limited slip diff and all the goodies. ( Custom built torque converter and Stainless steel gear mechanisims ) Anyone know about what it costs to rebuild a manual tranny ? My friend only does Auto's and wont touch a manual. But he can build one hell of a auto tranny,That is basicly locked in, so you can only shift it manualy. he told me thats the way to go for real racing

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    I dont know how much help I would be but im getting pretty good with a MIG welder, like if you were to fit the pipes, cut them to size and just mark them so that they can be lined up and welded, I could do it. Although If I were you, I would do that, and then bring it to a shop and pay a professional $250 to do it PERFECT. I will be honest with you, I dont even weld my own stuff yet, I can do it, but it doesnt always look great.
    i'm thinking that i might have it done professionally, not quite sure.

Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099
    Good start man! Let me know if i can help
    thank you!! do you know any places in the NY/NJ area that might be able to do custom downpipes (or maybe i'd have to go to a welding shop to get it done)? i think that's the one component that i have yet to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse97526
    Damn. Thats nice. Well all i have is the 2g mani =\ and a side mount intercooler. But hey, it is a start. Ill get there. But im seriously considering keeping the auto. My friends talons turbo is so nice on the auto, it blows off, But you can still hear it all wound up, and the turbo just never looses power. Dont have that lag that my evo 8 had. only problem, is it would cost me about 4 grand to built the auto tranny i would wanna use. with limited slip diff and all the goodies. ( Custom built torque converter and Stainless steel gear mechanisims ) Anyone know about what it costs to rebuild a manual tranny ? My friend only does Auto's and wont touch a manual. But he can build one hell of a auto tranny,That is basicly locked in, so you can only shift it manualy. he told me thats the way to go for real racing
    a start's a start. just make sure you get all the parts/tools well in advance to the actual install. and save up for good parts too, so you don't have to pay for repairs later on. If you ever need help with transmissions, you can ask GOOSEY2099, he's more familiar with transmissions than i am.

UPDATE: just picked up my FMIC from home, though mom needed the digi so i couldn't take a pic of it :( Vacuum manifold should be comin within a few days. Plus, the second link that qnz showed me for the IC piping; i'm probably gonna go with that piping, then cut it to appropriate sizes and lengths

ah....

brings back old memories........

i'm going to dig up some old albums tonight and ride the wave of nostalgia.

way to go man..........
    way to go

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr
    ah....

brings back old memories........

i'm going to dig up some old albums tonight and ride the wave of nostalgia.

way to go man..........
    way to go
    thank you, hoping to get the project done by mid January.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast