The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: run1206's turbo build: Parts complete

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 241
    I'm really jealous, Drew! I knew you were going turbo, but I didn't know it would be this soon.

Race me then? :idea:
    1996 Galant S

the tbolt clamps and couplers that come with the piping tho are pretty cheap quality tho. I would think about getting new ones anyway if you get the kit. when you squeeze the couplers, they squish as easy as squeezing a sponge. try turbonetics ones. squeezing them is like squeezing a handball. they are on the pricey side tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant Kid
    I'm really jealous, Drew! I knew you were going turbo, but I didn't know it would be this soon.

Race me then? :idea:
    lol, from the money i saved up in the summer, it kinda surprises me that i'm getting all the parts so soon. hopefully i can made the rain date for Mitsubishi day, then maybe we can race (before the turbo's in)

Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    the tbolt clamps and couplers that come with the piping tho are pretty cheap quality tho. I would think about getting new ones anyway if you get the kit. when you squeeze the couplers, they squish as easy as squeezing a sponge. try turbonetics ones. squeezing them is like squeezing a handball. they are on the pricey side tho.
    damn, that's scary if it's that low of quality. wouldn't want the piping to burst from the pressure. i'll check out the turbonetics clamps and couplers...

question: about my turbo: can i change the compressor and turbine wheels to higher specifications, or do i just get another turbo if the current wheels need replacing? (i'll be using the current ones, but i'm just curious when and if they do need to be repaired in the future....) :smt017

UPDATE(10/06/07): i'm probably gonna buy underrated's piping(already setup), after i ship my old intake manifold to a friend in philly(slickeonez99). gonna install the injectors and fuel pump tomorrow with mtcavity. The vacuum manifold just came in the mail on thursday, gotta go home and pick up the injectors and fuel pump before i head to PA though. More to come later.... :D

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

ok... the fuel pump is installed. mtcavity1 helped me with the fuel pump, here's some of the pics.

quick shot of the intercooler

and the vacuum manifold came in as well...

sorry for the choppy pics, movin the camera a lil too much :oops:

we couldn't get the injectors installed because i have to get certain adapters for them, i'll be looking online if any of them are on eBay (mtcavity1: whenever you get the chance, if you have the link to the site, please send it. thanks :D )

next buy will be the IC piping, maft, and couplers, clamps, etc....
    that will be later this week
    :D

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd

ok. in terms of the fuel pressure regulator, i found this one from tearstone...wasn't sure if it would fit our car, but since the specs says "2000-2005 Eclipse 2.4L", i assume it will fit.
    http://tearstone.com/shop/Fuel/Elect...Regulator.html

hey drew i would save the money and buy a stock evo fuel rail and stock fpr the evo pfr is a 1:1 raising rate regulator

those aeromotive ones a re grip and i've seen them go cheaper then $149
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underated
    hey drew i would save the money and buy a stock evo fuel rail and stock fpr the evo pfr is a 1:1 raising rate regulator

The stock EVO fuel rail wont mount to the 4G64 intake manifold without some decent fabrication work.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi

The stock EVO fuel rail wont mount to the 4G64 intake manifold without some decent fabrication work.
    I disagree Brian. I have the stock evo fuel rail + evo fpr + wrx injectors and all i needed was longer vacuum line, and about 1" of washers. Surprisingly, there was no other fabrication needed.

I disagree Brian. I have the stock evo fuel rail + evo fpr + wrx injectors and all i needed was longer vacuum line, and about 1" of washers. Surprisingly, there was no other fabrication needed.
    Yeah I guess you can do it like that, but I dont trust spacers and washers and stuff when it comes to keeping a fuel rail in place, but whatever. I was going on my experience with my AMS EVO rail, but thats also a little taller in the center section than a stock EVO rail.

With that being said, I have a stock EVO8 rail with a -8 an fitting tig welded on the return, if anyone needs it PM me.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

He has my outlander manifold on too it gives somemore room

QNZ has the setup you want but you can still use your dsm injectors

here read this thread Drew
    http://www.club3g.com/forum/rs-gs/78...on-thesis.html

heres a comparison

Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

What doesnt make any sense is in that thread, the guy said that Napalm figured out that aftermarket EVO rails fit the 4G64, I cant see how that is true since I bought my AMS rail from Napalm because he said he couldnt get it to fit on his stock 4G64 manifold. Anyhow, this is all good info.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

you gotta pretty much take the stuff over at 3g with a grain of salt they dont always post the right info atleast its alot better then the .org site lol

lol

I hate .org

When I first did the EVO swap one of the mods over there was talking soo much trash to me about how my car was soo slow 13.8 and his SDS V6 would kill my car and blah blah blah, turns out the dude had like a bone stock V6 with SDS stage1, I think his bet pass was like 14 something, but this dude would harass me soo much, I just stopped posting all together.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

lol

I hate .org

When I first did the EVO swap one of the mods over there was talking soo much trash to me about how my car was soo slow 13.8 and his SDS V6 would kill my car and blah blah blah, turns out the dude had like a bone stock V6 with SDS stage1, I think his bet pass was like 14 something, but this dude would harass me soo much, I just stopped posting all together.
    i remember seeing a vid of you running mid 13's on an sti and beating it

without launching :shock:

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

ok, i read the thread that Brandon posted... very useful information. My question is, if i do go with the stock EVO fuel rail and stock EVO FPR, would i still be able to use my DSM injectors on that rail, or should i get the WRX injectors instead??

if anything...i could probably search those sites (and eBay) to see if i can get those kind of deals on the FPR, fuel rail, and injectors...

dsm

ur dsm injectors fit fine with the rail u need spacers and washers and very short bolts to fit the injectors
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Re: dsm

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant
    ur dsm injectors fit fine with the rail u need spacers and washers and very short bolts to fit the injectors
    k, when you mean "the rail" are you referring to the rail i currently have.. or was that referring to the EVO rail?

EDIT: quote for GSKNIGHT over in club3g:
    "... If you use the WRX injectors with the stock fuel rail, I can't say how many spacers you will need, if any. But with the Evo Rail, then you need 2 thin washers on top of the stock black plastic spacers. Also, because the Evo rail's mounting tabs are much thinner than stock, you cannot re-use the stock mounting bolts (they run out of threads before you can get everything tightened up. You need to use bolts that are slightly shorter than the stock mounting bolts and have threads all the way down, not just on the end."

source: http://www.club3g.com/forum/rs-gs/78...-thesis-2.html

questioin answered, thanks johnathansgalant

spacers

regardless, whatever rail u use with the dsm injectors will need spacers. The stock rail will need some thin spacers and with the evo rail i needed 3 larger spacers.. Ull see when u install them - the stock rail will work with stock or dsm bolts but the evo u need shorter much shorter than stocks -- find some that are threaded all the way it will be easier.. WRX is another story so i wont be able to say. I also did not have the intake mani bracket he had to cut so i dont know about that either..
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant
    regardless, whatever rail u use with the dsm injectors will need spacers. The stock rail will need some thin spacers and with the evo rail i needed 3 larger spacers.. Ull see when u install them - the stock rail will work with stock or dsm bolts but the evo u need shorter much shorter than stocks -- find some that are threaded all the way it will be easier.. WRX is another story so i wont be able to say. I also did not have the intake mani bracket he had to cut so i dont know about that either..
    k, i'm gonna try to find spacers for the current setup that i have.

I ground down the factory one's, in my endless example of how ghetto I am... And cheap...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast