The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: run1206's turbo build: Parts complete

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 241
    Quote Originally Posted by mtcavity1
    I ground down the factory one's, in my endless example of how ghetto I am... And cheap...
    hey, do what'cha gotta do
    as long as it works... :D

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

UPDATE: received the EGT gauge a few days ago.

the adapters (for the injectors) and the tapped oil pan are currently being shipped to my house. should be there (both) by thursday. after that, i'll be getting the IC piping (Brandon: sorry i'm taking so long to give you the payment, exams this week. i should be able to send it to you by friday)

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd

no need to apologize man i'll hold it for you dont worry

what else do you need to finish you setup?
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Glad to see my EGT made it to a good home.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by underated
    no need to apologize man i'll hold it for you dont worry

what else do you need to finish you setup?
    thank you for holding it for me! :D
    i think the only things i need is the IC piping (w/maft), gaskets, a custom downpipe, fuel pressure regulator (still pondering on whether to stay stock, or aeromotive, or EVO fuel rail & fpr), oil lines, vacuum lines (i guess to route the BOV, FPR, wastegate, etc.. to the vacuum manifold).
    Gaskets: block ->manifold
    manifold -> turbo
    turbo -> o2 housing
    o2 housing -> downpipe
    downpipe -> midpipe

not sure if i still need an oil cooler, i think i do though i have to figure out how to route the tapped oil pan to the oil cooler.

that's all i can think of for now.

don't know what this is, but i heard that i might need a "dump tube" as well (i don't know what this is :?

UPDATE: btw, the adapters just came in today....

depending on my schedule, i might get the injectors installed next week, we'll see. but yeah, those are the last few parts that i can think for now. the parts from the first page are already bought (at least the ones that came with the kit) if i'm forgetting anything, please do remind me, lol. thanks all
    more to come soon....

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    Glad to see my EGT made it to a good home.
    yes, and i do thank you for the gauge!! :smt023
    it will be put to good use

you dont need a tump tube since your using an internal wastegate with the stock o2 housing

the oil cooler is seperate from the oil pan

you would use the oil filter housing for inlet and outlet ports to hook the oil cooler to

the fitting on the oil pan is just to drain the turbo the oil goes from the feed line through the turbo out the drain line into the pan

i opted to get the transmission cooler over the oil cooler because if you use good enough oil and change it regularly it wont break down or overheat but the trans mission on the other hand you want as much protection for it as possible the cooler inside the radiator just isn't going to cut it long term but thats just how i thought about things
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

k, not really an update til i show the pics, but i just purchased underrated's IC piping on friday (gonna pst those pics when it comes in the mail). In the meantime, i was browsing around the turbo section for more info..the usual. I saw the link that seth98est put up for someone looking for a turbo list for their setup.

http://4g64.150m.com/turbo3.html

So i read it for a while and noticed that you can install the S-AFC as one of the "pre-mods" for the turbo, like how i have the fuel pump in now....before the actual turbo's on. (sorry, TOTAL noob moment :oops: ). anyways...i think that might be another install i do, right before the injectors go in, just gotta figure out how to install the S-AFC with the injectors, we shall see...

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    This thread is pushing me more and more towards tinkering with my engine and going turbo... sounds fun! Turbo + 20" rims??!!?!... lol
    ~Lady Driven~

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity
    This thread is pushing me more and more towards tinkering with my engine and going turbo... sounds fun! Turbo + 20" rims??!!?!... lol
    LOL 20" and turbo.........
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity
    lol, i'm glad my thread is inspiring you to go turbo. :D

Drew i dropped the piping, gm maf/translator and sandwich adapter off tonight it will be shipped in the morning... its comming in a hp printer box lol i'm about to pm you with the tracking number

the maf translator is zero'd out (you can use it to tune) i just had it setup as a meter like the stock unit

the piping has a flange for your 1g BOV it places it down by the driver side fog light looks like this

i cant wait to see your car turbo'd

Quote Originally Posted by underated
    Drew i dropped the piping, gm maf/translator and sandwich adapter off tonight it will be shipped in the morning... its comming in a hp printer box lol i'm about to pm you with the tracking number

the maf translator is zero'd out (you can use it to tune) i just had it setup as a meter like the stock unit

the piping has a flange for your 1g BOV it places it down by the driver side fog light looks like this

i cant wait to see your car turbo'd
    awesome!!! just got the PM too :D i can't wait too, it's gonna be sweeeet!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Are you planning to be FI by the end of the year Drew?

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1
    Are you planning to be FI by the end of the year Drew?
    yup. it's gonna be my christmas/bday present to myself
    that's as long as i can get all the parts before the end of November, then i'll wait until after finals to do the install

UPDATE: gee, i didn't order a printer :smt017

i wonder what's inside.....

awesome....my intercooler piping is in!!!

and so is my adapter...

i guess this is where the BOV can go...

and the maft...

and the oil pan i got from a member in club3g...

not too fond of the tap, but it's in there, so really no complaints here...

big thanks to underated for the IC piping, maft and adapter :D

i have the S-AFC, injectors, and adapters on me currently, so i'm looking at a few forums and websites on how to install the S-AFC with the new injectors in... that might be sometime right before or after thanksgiving break...

more to come later

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Eeeek. Wouln't use that pan, I'd be worried about the hose slipping off that "fitting". Id just pull your pan, tap it or weld a real barb fitting to it.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Eeeek. Wouln't use that pan, I'd be worried about the hose slipping off that "fitting". Id just pull your pan, tap it or weld a real barb fitting to it.
    that's what i'm thinkin about doing... i'm a lil iffy about that tap and wanted to get opinions on it. i'm gonna see if i can find another stock oil pan and save it while i tap my current one.

Nice!

Except for the oil pan. I could tap your pan if you want (wow that sounds kind-a gay).

Here is my pan after a slutty "tapping".
    (there was a ring gasket and nut for the inner threads not in the pic)

mtcavity1's pan looks like a great job i would be worried about the other pan ripping a hole in your return line after awhile the edges look a little ruff

Quote Originally Posted by mtcavity1
    Nice!

Except for the oil pan. I could tap your pan if you want (wow that sounds kind-a gay).

Here is my pan after a slutty "tapping".
    (there was a ring gasket and nut for the inner threads not in the pic)

wow mtcavity, that looks way better. yeah, that'd be great if you could tap my oil pan (:smt011 )
    i'll see if i can get the ring gaskets and the nut for the inner threads to do my current pan. Do you know when you might be available?, i wanna see if i can get the S-AFC and the injectors in the car..

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast