The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: run1206's turbo build: Parts complete

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 241
    Congrats man Welcome to the club... Cant wait to see your dyno sheet..
    Wars come and go but my soldiers stay eternal...

I am busy as hell up to December 29th, Christmas/Holiday parties 7 days a week.

I will check my schedual tomarrow and see if there are any early Sundays for me.

When are you done with school?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Hey If you need an extra pan, i have one, its in decent shape for $30. You can come pick it up, or if you want, give me $45 and I will ship it. Its a virgin pan, no fittings or anything. If you tell me the type of fitting you want, I can drill and tap it, or weld in a bung or whatever you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by mtcavity1

I will check my schedual tomarrow and see if there are any early Sundays for me.

i'm done with school the 21st of december, finals is (i believe) the week before that...
    starting the 4th week of dec. i'm home and will be finishing up buying the rest of the parts

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    Hey If you need an extra pan, i have one, its in decent shape for $30. You can come pick it up, or if you want, give me $45 and I will ship it. Its a virgin pan, no fittings or anything. If you tell me the type of fitting you want, I can drill and tap it, or weld in a bung or whatever you need.
    that'd be great. i'm not sure what fitting i need though i have to check to see what would fit with the oil cooler package that i'm getting soon
    Oil Cooler
    i'll PM you when i come back from CT later today...

Quote Originally Posted by Scout4g64t
    same here, i'm hoping to get it tuned @ Sean Ivey when the install is finished. although i wanna see what my car is putting out now just to see how much of an increase i'm getting...

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    SHouldnt you use the oil pan tap for the turbo oil return? Get a sandwhich adaptor for the oil filter for the cooler. And for the oil feed, not sure, think in 7gs, theres a bolt in the front left section of the head, just like the 1g/2g 4g63ts.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by run1206
    Quote Originally Posted by mtcavity1

i'm done with school the 21st of december, finals is (i believe) the week before that...
    starting the 4th week of dec. i'm home and will be finishing up buying the rest of the parts

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    that'd be great. i'm not sure what fitting i need though i have to check to see what would fit with the oil cooler package that i'm getting soon
    Oil Cooler
    i'll PM you when i come back from CT later today...

Quote Originally Posted by Scout4g64t
    same here, i'm hoping to get it tuned @ Sean Ivey when the install is finished. although i wanna see what my car is putting out now just to see how much of an increase i'm getting...
    Just let me know. Typically your oil return line should be at least double the size of the feed line. Your oil cooler setup has nothing to do with the return line. That adaptor you have sends oil to the cooler and back into the filter housing to get back to the motor.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

i'm assuming to go with the return at -8AN and the feed at -4AN. Do i need another for the oil filter, cuz i thought this one was the one i needed, (unless i need an adapter just for the tap itself...)

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd

im using a -10an for oil return. have fun making the SS lines! remember, to measure, and measure again before you cut. and when youre about to cut, measure it again. ive have to make my line about 3 times. :cry:

i used a 5/8th barbed fitting then switched to a -10an... i welded a 1/2npt female fitting to the pan so i could switch out fittings if i need too
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

im using a -10an for oil return. have fun making the SS lines! remember, to measure, and measure again before you cut. and when youre about to cut, measure it again. ive have to make my line about 3 times. :cry:
    I know what you mean Aaron.

I am using -10 as well and with my manifold its a weird angle into the pan. I am using a 90 degree -10 hose end on the turbo side and a 30 degree -10 hose end on the pan side. I broke one of the 30 degree fittings, I didnt use enough assembly lube and the barb snapped off, what a waste for $38. Nothing like spending $110 to make a return line.

Run, I would use either a -10 return line or 1/2" high temp rubber line and just tap a barb fitting into the pan like Mtcavity.

If your feeding the turbo from the sandwhich plate adaptor, I would use a -3AN feed not a -4AN. If you search around the DSM forums, anyone feeding from the filter housing or sandwhich plate who runs a full -4 line has problems in the upper RPM range with too much oil pressure and it blows past the seal in the turbo.

I am personally running a -4AN feed line, but where it enters the turbo, I have a -3AN reducer to restrict flow so I dont blow oil thru the seals. This may end up not being an issue for you since you still have balance shafts in your motor where as I dont and most built DSMs dont. Without the balance shafts im seeing alot of oil pressure. My Pressure sending unit is in the head and I have 12-15psi at idle once its warmed up. On my EVO motor I was seeing like 5psi at idle if I was lucky.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

i think i might go with the -10AN return and -3AN feed line, i guess i have to do a 1/2npt fitting on the pan as well, unless there's other fitting that would go better with the pan....

are you gonna use a regular hose or a steel braided line?

what kind of fitting is on the return part of the turbo?
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by underated
    are you gonna use a regular hose or a steel braided line?

what kind of fitting is on the return part of the turbo?
    i'm gonna use a steel braided line, not sure what the fitting size is for the turbo, gonna check that later this week.

this is what i was talking about

you dont have to do it but i put a 45 degree fitting in there to help with the draining

hmmm....haven't really thought of that. i guess i could go with a 45 degree fitting if its gonna help with draining

i thought that was already taken care of when the weld is put in :?

my downpipe had a wierd angle to it when i first did it your should be fine so you dont really need a 45* fitting

Quote Originally Posted by underated
    my downpipe had a wierd angle to it when i first did it your should be fine so you dont really need a 45* fitting
    k
    i'm looking to getting the cooler and Stewi's pan this week...
    i gotta search for the braided lines and other misc. fittings that i may need

Keep up with the good work bro.

As I see on the pics you have a little crack on the wastegate. I hope is nothing serious

this is the type of fitting i had
    http://himni-racing.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=532

you will need something like this for the oil drain for the 14b (there are 2 different versions of the 14b center cartridge, you have to measure the spacing from the center of the 2 bolts)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Funct...mZ160089657315

Quote Originally Posted by mko
    Keep up with the good work bro.

As I see on the pics you have a little crack on the wastegate. I hope is nothing serious
    thanks, i noticed it as well. i hope that crack doesn't split open even more when installed and running :(

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast