The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: run1206's turbo build: Parts complete

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 241
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Run if you want I can put a male -10 AN bulkhead fitting right on the pan. A bulkhead is kinda like what Mtcavity has. You drill the hole, slide the fitting thru and then tighten the nut on the back. It has an O-ring between the fitting and pan and between the nut and the pan so it seals up good. I think the fitting is like $30. Dont buy any hose end fittings until you mock up the parts to see what type of angle the return is at, you might have to use a 45 or you may be able to do a straight line. I couldnt do any of that, I had to get a 35 degree or something wierd.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    Run if you want I can put a male -10 AN bulkhead fitting right on the pan. A bulkhead is kinda like what Mtcavity has. You drill the hole, slide the fitting thru and then tighten the nut on the back. It has an O-ring between the fitting and pan and between the nut and the pan so it seals up good. I think the fitting is like $30. Don't buy any hose end fittings until you mock up the parts to see what type of angle the return is at, you might have to use a 45 or you may be able to do a straight line. I couldnt do any of that, I had to get a 35 degree or something wierd.
    k, is it possible to buy the hose without the fitting, unless i could go with the fitting that you put into the pan...

how will i know what the angle will be unless i put the pan on the car? (lil confused there... :smt017 )

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

the spot mtcavity tapped is a pretty good spot. anymore to the left and you run the risk of the drain line getting in contact with the down pipe. you can figure out the angle you need by attaching the turbo and the drain hose on, then bring the hose down to where youre gonna tap for the oil pan fitting and figure out what angle you can get the drain hose in.

dont forget, if you tap the hole too high, you'll have problems attaching the fitting onto the nipple. mine ended up being a straight fitting coming down from the turbo to a 45 degree fitting on the oil pan. the line was no longer than a foot.

the spot mtcavity tapped is a pretty good spot. anymore to the left and you run the risk of the drain line getting in contact with the down pipe. you can figure out the angle you need by attaching the turbo and the drain hose on, then bring the hose down to where youre gonna tap for the oil pan fitting and figure out what angle you can get the drain hose in.

dont forget, if you tap the hole too high, you'll have problems attaching the fitting onto the nipple. mine ended up being a straight fitting coming down from the turbo to a 45 degree fitting on the oil pan. the line was no longer than a foot.
    yeah, i noticed the second site underrated showed me had lines that were a foot long, but had -10AN female fittings on the ends.
    http://himni-racing.com/index.php?ma...gnkil5cffdqal6
    i'd have to get a hose to see what that angle might be...

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd

wats good drew...hows da progress on da build

2001 5 speed 4g64T

Quote Originally Posted by 01galant01
    wats good drew...hows da progress on da build
    pretty good, just ordered the Aeromotive FPR and bronxbomber's hookin me up with some gaskets. Roman gave me some oil lines, adapters, and misc. fittings as well, will post everything when the FPR comes in. all i need is a downpipe and a few more misc. fittings and i'll be good. Still pretty much on schedule with the build too: install will be around winter break, def before spring semester starts :D

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Where are you doing your install at?

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

i might ask GOOSEY if i could do it at his garage, if he's busy during that time (late Dec. - early Jan. ) then i might go to mtcavity's garage to do it. i know it's gonna take at least a week to do the install :(

you got my last PM with my address right?

Ya, i got it.

k, the semester's over and i finally can start concentrating more on the project. :D
    First off, i got the Aeromotive FPR

(in reference to the "$100 fuel solution, i'm still gonna be searching for the EVO FPR and fuel rail though)

i also bought a turbo timer

(thanks unlimited :D )

i'm currently contacting someone on eBay in reference to WRX injectors and what size they are, if they're 550cc then i'm buying them (about 120 shipped)

the oil cooler arrived right before finals as well... don't know where those pics are :smt017

anyways... i also ordered the oil drain flange for the 14B. i plan on getting the flange that goes between the turbo and the manifold soon, just have to make sure if i actually need the flange or not.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TODAY.m238.lVI

Wideband Sensor:
    i just bought the LC-1 Tactrix OpenPort Bundle from TunerTools a few weeks ago as well;

http://tunertools.com/proddetail.asp?prod=IN-3791

it didn't come with an actual gauge so i'm watching this..
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TODAY.m238.lVI
    (it's the only wideband gauge i've found under $200 (usually others are a kit with the wideband sensor included)

that's all i can think of for now...
    hopefully everything comes in the latest right after the new year so i can start getting measurements on fittings and what needs to be done in terms of installation.

more to come soon... :D

Run, if your looking for a wideband gauge, this is what you need.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Its Innovate's gauge, the same one im running. You were probably only able to find the XD16 gauge which is like $225 and displays all types of data that you will never use. Its a good gauge and the wire up was very easy when using it with the LC1.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Run, if your looking for a wideband gauge, this is what you need.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Its Innovate's gauge, the same one im running. You were probably only able to find the XD16 gauge which is like $225 and displays all types of data that you will never use. Its a good gauge and the wire up was very easy when using it with the LC1.
    i just ordered this gauge from Innovative last night
    http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/x...9&cat=0&page=1
    but i contacted their sales dept. and left a messege to see if i can get the 3793 instead of the 3803. gotta wait til monday for a reply...

edit: the person selling the WRX injectors say they are rated @ 420cc.
    i'm wondering if i should still get these injectors and modify them to 740cc
    (from the $100 fuel solution link -> http://www.club3g.com/forum/rs-gs/78...on-thesis.html [post#21]) or if i should leave them at 420cc, either way it's High Impedence so i wouldn't need the resistor pack.

420's are more than enough for what your doing

This is just my opinion, so take it as you wish, I would not even think about buying that gauge. That is almost like a Lean/Stoich/Rich AFR gauge, its not precise. When tuning a boosted car, you need to know exactly what the AFR is, thats why all the reputable companies that sell kits 99% of the gauge have digital readouts. Not only that, but its the same price as the digital gauge. While your busy trying to figure out if your AFR is 11.2 or 11.8 by trying to count them lines, you could be damaging your motor. I would definely call them asap and get the digital one.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

420's are more than enough for what your doing

This is just my opinion, so take it as you wish, I would not even think about buying that gauge. That is almost like a Lean/Stoich/Rich AFR gauge, its not precise. When tuning a boosted car, you need to know exactly what the AFR is, thats why all the reputable companies that sell kits 99% of the gauge have digital readouts. Not only that, but its the same price as the digital gauge. While your busy trying to figure out if your AFR is 11.2 or 11.8 by trying to count them lines, you could be damaging your motor. I would definely call them asap and get the digital one.
    exactly what i thought. i figure the digital one is more accurate sicne you have the actual number and don't have to measure what lines wil be where i want it to be. i called them and left a message, plus i emailed them on the site and asked if i have to exchange after it gets to my house or if i can exchange the 3803 with the 3793 (the digital one).

i can't wait till its finished!! good work!!

Im going to go up to get the gaskets on THursday, that is if the Felpro i ordered doesnt come in first. I think the Felpro is better than the gaskets that dude was gonna sell me. Better for you i think Run.

Quote Originally Posted by djflex167
    i can't wait till its finished!! good work!!
    thank you, i'm almost done with getting all the parts too!

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr
    Im going to go up to get the gaskets on THursday, that is if the Felpro i ordered doesnt come in first. I think the Felpro is better than the gaskets that dude was gonna sell me. Better for you i think Run.
    excellent!! :D
    even better if they have better quality than originals, thanks!!

Ya we only sell Felpro at my job, well mostly only the best stuff really. I cant wait till we start selling more performance parts.

k, came home for new year's day and noticed that my wideband sensor and tactrix cable just came in...

they even put a lil thread lock on it, but i'll buy more and cover the rest of the lining...

no name on my CD though :(

and the oil drain flange came in a few days earlier...

WRX injectors: i went on clubWRX.net and currently have an offer from a member in South Jersey, so hopefully i'll get them when we meet this weekend.

still have to get the gaskets, tapped oil pan, and downpipe for the turbo, as well as the fittings for the ends of the oil lines

btw, i'm keeping the A/C, so i'll try to find a way to get a custom DP goin...

more to come soon 8)

edit: don't know why, but the post got deleted :-\
    putting it back up...

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    I guess that the transitions from TGC to TGC is causing ue to loose post. I lost about 20.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast