The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turbo for 6A13 (Galant 99' 2.5 V6)

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Turbo for 6A13 (Galant 99' 2.5 V6)

Hello,

I come from Poland. Unfortunately Galant tuning market is VERY small in here, so I am trying to find answer abroad.

My 2.5 V6 has 163HP. I am thinking about turbo and I wonder what is maximum power that engine (pistons, connecting rod etc.) can handle with standard parts??

What more, we have no turbos available on polish market for Galant, so could anyone tell me what is aprox. price for complete turbo available in US?? Maybe some links?

Thanks for the answers.
    EA5A SE

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Well unfortuntely we didn't get the 2.5 motor here in the US. We have the 2.4L I4 & 3.0 V6. The only person who had a World Spec Galant is not on the boards anymore.

The problem is that your engine was never availible in the Galant in the United States. The 6a13 however is the same base engine used in the Galant VR4, aptly named the 6a13tt. My recommendation would be to check some salvage yards for old 6a13tt or 6a12tt engines, and use the twin turbo kit, or even just a single turbo kit off of that engine.

You may also want to check with the Hong Kong and Japanese Galant Clubs as they would have the same engine, trans, and likely access to turbo kits or parts to build a effective turbo kit.

www.HKGalantClub.org

I'd try to get my hands on a vr4 engine from the UK and do a straight swap. (I doubt you'll find any 8g vr4 in a polish junkyard) ClubVR4 is a good place to start. There's also a guy in the Netherlands who did the swap, maybe he can help you out too: here's his website

How strict is the EU now about engine swaps or boosting btw?

top-tuner

top-tuner

HI Novy,
    I have a 6a13 twin turbo set up for you from a stock 2.5 liter
    V-6 engine that i purchased for my Galant.
    We can remove the complete set up for you with the exhaust
    manifold-downpipe and all the hardware.
    I your engine a N.A 6A13 model with all wheel drive ??
    Reply if you are interested to work out the detailes.

GRT, .......

top-tuner

top-tuner

HI Novy,
    I have a 6a13 twin turbo set up for you from a stock 2.5 liter
    V-6 engine that i purchased for my Galant.
    We can remove the complete set up for you with the exhaust
    manifold-downpipe and all the hardware.
    Is your engine a N.A 6A13 model with all wheel drive ??
    Reply if you are interested to work out the detailes.

GRT, .......

this is a 2+ year old thread. the person that started it appears to no longer be active.