The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: $2800 and nothing to do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28

$2800 and nothing to do

so, i have about 2800, (minus the rims that i'm getting hopefully) and i don't know what to do. i know all the mods that i can do, i just don't know what to do right now with all this cash...any suggestions? thanks.
    '03
    rockin' the DE

Save it and buy a better car. Heh, I'm kidding. Are you looking for performance or appearance?

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    Give it to me, it'll pay off one of my credit cards. :D
    ~Lady Driven~

send it to me
    ...pain is temporary, pride is forever...

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<paypal......
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Personally?

Some on the car I.E. AEM Cold Air Intake, and a body kit.

Then I'd save the rest for a rainy day.

TGC Regular

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

lower your car......i cant say this enough, buy a nice set of adjustable coilovers or a set of tein s techs and a set of aftermarket shocks to go with them if your stock shocks are old. lower your car bro. bodykits,carbonfiber,rims,wings, lipkits, canards, splitters....none of that shit will look right if your car isnt sitting right. you just ordered some wheels so a nice suspension setup to get your car sitting right will set it off. if you have some cash left over after that than maybe start with an intake. but definatly.............lower your car. our 8gs have the hugest front wheel gaps in the fuckin history of wheels gaps. get rid of that wheel gap....then youre golden...lol peace
    2001 es v6

i would get the projectors/halos, but i don't want to spend a thousand on one thing. i'm going to save some of it. i was thinking more along the lines of something for my car. i think it looks decent or will after i get rims, so i want power. thinking of turboing but when i read about all you guys that get them i don't understand half the things people are talking about....and i just posted a few days ago the pics of my lowering job. take a look in the members section if you want to see.
    '03
    rockin' the DE

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    well the wheels are a good choice to go with...i would personally go with a decent big brake kit in the front...like the powerslot one, and do a rear disc conversion....now do you have 2800 after buying the wheels or is that before buying them? i would say leave it at that for now and learn as much as you can about the motor and turbo apps this way you will be prepared on how to do it as well as have the money by that time...unless yoiu have any cosmetic mods you want to get out of the way i say hold on to what you have after the kit and keep putting it away

that's after the wheels...and how much does a rear disc run? less than 500?
    '03
    rockin' the DE

yeah. my rear disc ran me 180. And I used the pads and rotors that it came with they are still good. Should run you around 2 or so. And depending if you upgrade rotors and pads. Or if you have to get them cause the set up you get is missing them
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

hookers and booze.

noice. I like the way you think^^
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Rear disc swap. New rotors pads all around. Paint your calipers. Could definitely do that for under $500

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    the rear disc swap can be done pretty cheap as long as you go and get the parts yourself...a lot of people try to sell them for more then they are worthe because they are all together already...its easier just to get the parts you need yourself, its not too much....the powerslot bbk for the front is like 300-400 it is a larger rotor and a caliper relocation, but with that there no real worry of your wheels will fit them and they arent very expensive....while full replacement bbks can run upwards of $1000

also if you have any audio plans at all like a new deck and components you can always go with them too for another idea

like everyone said do ur brakes, rear disk conversion but on the front do the 3G eclipse brake swap theres a tutorial on galantforums.com all u have to get is the brackets and calipers from a 92-99 eclipse GSX or a '00 eclipse GT u can get those for like 100 and another 80 for the cross drilled rotors, then get them poweder coated for another 60 and put them on so the front will cost u around $250 and the rear just about the same and it will look great through those rims u just bought, look for a vendor here his name is R1concept he got the rotors for cheap and take ur ass to the junk yard and pull a set of eclipse calipers and rear disk swap and the whole thing will run about $500

then save the rest for now, or u can start ur JDM conversion like i kinda did but i stopped now , get the mirrors, the tails, the heads, the grill, one thing at the time and the money wont run out, if u wanna go turbo dont get an intake or a header, save ur money and read read and read about it cuz u need to learn, i just picked up a 91 volvo 740 turbo and ive been reading and i have no clue about what the hell im reading but i will learn

good luck
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

IMO, if you get rims, I say get a GOOD set of tires. stay away from the Nankang and Wanli brands. Also, if you wanna make atleast a little bit of "umph"..

RPW headers
    AEM intake

and you already have the catback.

and you'll prolly want a swaybar.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

i dnt see spending money on big brakes if the car isnt even fast, do the rear conversion, buy slotted and drilled rotors on ebay for lik 280, and get the CF hood and trunk, either go with the evo CF hood or the OEM style. that will be like 1000 for both but u get that out the way since its expensive. then u can get the jdm bumper, heads, grill, sides, back, etc....or just get a body kit after the hood and trunk....orr go with a front lip and keep the stock look...audio is pretty pointless..get headers and intake if u want a lil speed. HIDs FOR SURE!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    JDM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast