The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: $2800 and nothing to do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    i want to go jdm, and i want to turbo. but i don't have the time or experience to do either right now. so i don't know.

is it really that big of a difference in braking with the rear discs? what is different?
    '03
    rockin' the DE

Re: $2800 and nothing to do

Quote Originally Posted by 03_silver_8g
    so, i have about 2800, (minus the rims that i'm getting hopefully) and i don't know what to do. i know all the mods that i can do, i just don't know what to do right now with all this cash...any suggestions? thanks.
    donate it to TGC
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=2799274

A filipino's number one dream is to own a car before anything else. In the philippines, most private car owners consider their vehicles as an extension of their home but with one differrence: a home is where his wife cooks while a car is where his girlfriend builds a fire. Hmmm...

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    Car paid off?

big brake kits are great especially when running larger size rims and tires. but still man......suspension.....thats soo critical when building up a car. if you add all kinds of power, what good is it if you dont got the stiff stuff to handle all that power? just my opinion. turbo is something ive been thinking about too. ill be doing the transmition swap first though obviously.
    2001 es v6

i've got kyb's and teins and i was thinking about a strut bar. as far as brakes, as alexvr said, i don't need big brakes if i don't have the horsepower to match. but i'm highly considering disc conversion.

any other suggestions besides brakes?
    '03
    rockin' the DE

the freedom design strut bar is nice, i just got one last month. goes on with no problems whutsoever. where you kinda unsure of what to do with your money..you should just hold on to the rest after you get your wheels and plan it out longer. take your time. save more money. you got a good start if you got the teins and kyb's...plus you said your getting wheels.
    2001 es v6

what size rims you lookin at?

For essentials I'd say:
    Rims, coilovers, JDM tails, HIDs, clear corners, and factory fogs from a higher trim level to get the outside lookin clean and onpoint. No one could hate on you with all that done.

With the leftover money depending on your priorities, maybe go all out and kit her. Id personally upgrade the system to make the driving more enjoyable for you. Maybe one of those new bluetooth pioneer decks, new components upfront, new 6x9s and a good sub/amp combo. All that can be got for under 1000 or very close to.

00' Diamante LS
    93' Galant n/a (gave to my bro)

Quote Originally Posted by 9G
    Car paid off?
    good question. Unless the car was handed down by the graces of God.
    If it was and ur free of payments. SAVE IT! and blueprint the future of the car, before u spend it on 20" chromies and regret it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12