The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: turbo power

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

turbo power

so i'm kind of starting to get into the market for a turbo setup and i was wondering what turbos you get the best gains and durability with, how much horsepower are you getting and with how much psi are you getting that horsepower?
    '03
    rockin' the DE

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Other than John (DOHCstnr) and Stewi and a couple more that run "big" turbos, most of the turbo Galants here are running either 14b's or 16g's. They are relatively cheap and within budget for a turbo setup and enough *POWAH* to hang, plus they are bolt on.

There are plenty of threads here that have this type of topic discussed and there is plenty of reading material to give you a idea on what you might be looking for. If you are planning to turbo the stock motor, you can safely run around 12psi of boost and make some decent power. Not many that I have seen here have actually dyno'ed their setups so getting HP and TRQ numbers to get a idea isn't here.

Do some searching and reading and my advice to you is to not go cheap on the parts you need to have a turbo setup running on your car and do things right and don't cut corners.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

^x2 That is just about all the info you really need at this point. Couldn't have said it any better myself 4-G-rim.

222whp/250wtq