The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Weird Radio Problem, PLEASE READ!!

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Weird Radio Problem, PLEASE READ!!

Ok, so I have a CD changer mounted in my trunk that I use via the stock FM radio in my 99 Galant. I noticed lately that my radio reception goes in and out ( mostly stays out). Well recently I unplugged the CD changer because it wasn't working correctly and BAAM my radio is crystal clear. So once the CD changer is working correctly I hook it back up and the radio starts to mess up again. So does anyone have any thoughts on what the problem could be?!?!?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    no clue, but where is the cd changer mounted? im thinking about getting one my self since my girlfriend and our friends listen to cds mostly

Ive never heard this problem before.
    Maybe its time to upgrade the head unit?
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

That's most likely due to the changer being on an FM transmitter. If you think about it, it's not a direct connection to teh radio. Its wireless, so it relies on FM frequency.
    Static can disrupt your signal to the head unit, such as cell phone calls, other cars with FM transmitters, or your car in general.
    My best advice, get a new head unit, one with a CD Changer input (if you still want to keep your changer). That way you can still have all those CD's, but it will be directly connected & always clear.

Thanks. You guys were right. To solve this problem I went and bought a new head unit (Pioneer) and the radio stations pick up just fine now. Thanks for all the input. By the way the CD changer is mounted in the trunk.